Monday, April 04, 2011

This May Take A While

Well, the long weekend is winding down and I don't have a quilt top to show for it. Not even close! This one may take a while!

Of course it doesn't help the piecing cause when I have other things to occupy my time.

Saturday.....my once in every couple years whim to get my hair colored. That took out a large chunk of my Saturday.


I covered the gray and added some RED! Can you see it? I maybe chickened out on the boldness of it and am now kicking myself. I want MORE of it!

Saturday evening I did get some more strip sets sewn.

Sunday morning, I finished up the strip sets.....all 130 of them. And then had the pleasure of the company of Miss Avery for a while.


She's getting so big! She has two bottom teeth now...and can army crawl like the best of them....too much fun!

Sunday night...I decided to burn the midnight oil and get those strip sets pressed. Mission accomplished by about 1:00AM this morning!

Today...the subcutting began.


I thought I was cruising right along.....counting 288 subcuts...when I realized I still have a LOT of strip sets left. Well DUH! 288 subcuts were for ONE set of blocks. I need to subcut 288 MORE units for the other set.


I took a break from the subcutting and started getting 4 patch units sewn. This is going to have a LOT of pieces, but I just know I'm going to love this one, so it will be worth the time to make it an oversized queen!

This still awaits....


as does the work week. *sigh* But....only 4 more days until I can do some more non-stop sweat shop sewing! Yes...this may take a while, but good things come to those who wait!

*Peace!

10 comments:

KathieB said...

Go Kim, go! And I LOOOOVE the red in your hair. I'd like to try that too.

Margaret said...

Oooooh, nice! Both the quilt progress and the red in the hair! What fun! And little Avery -- so cute! I remember that age!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the red in the hair and your lovely red and white quilt in progress. Lots of cutting going on.
Avery is such a sweetie.

Cathy said...

I love red, I used to go red until my greys got way too many, now I'm blonde! Yours looks fabulous. Gorgeous sewing too, can't wait to see what these will be. xo

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

That red fabric is really pretty ~ your hair makes me think you might be a 'wildwoman' ~ that little baby is sweet for sure!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

This is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see more. And I love the red in your hair - fantastic.

Paulette said...

LOVE the hair color, gf! And love the red quilt to match! ;) Avery is such a sweety!!!

Paulette

woolwoman said...

that FG fabric is gorgeous! red on the head - red on the bed - YGG
Mel

Katrina said...

Your granddaughter is adorable and I love the new quilt!!!

dxponhs1 said...

Oh my goodness. I just blogged about my first quilt and I am in awe of you patience! It will be beautiful!