Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Good To Be Diversified

That's what I've told myself all weekend! It's good to be diversified! I got quite a few things done in different genres!

First up....fabric arrived!


Isn't it lovely?? It's my bolt from the latest American Jane line from Moda. It's the backing for my Yellow Snow quilt!


Cheery huh? I can't wait to get this quilted and have it turned back on the bed to show that cheery column stripe!

I spent Friday and part of Saturday piecing backs for other quilt tops too.


Got a lot done and there are two more to go.


I think this blue will do nicely!

And the polka dots....


Yesssss! :o)

The rest of Saturday and Sunday I spent on page 4 of the SDW sampler...


almost done with my April allotment! Enjoying this page immensely!

And yesterday...


there was knitting! I carry a sock around in my handbag, so I worked on the toe decrease of that sock. The sock above resides by my chair, so it saw some needle time too! It works for me!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Great stuff!! What else can I say!?!?

Margaret said...

Oh gosh, all those luscious quilts! I so need to get back into quilting. Yum yum yum! I want to wallow in your quilty loveliness! :D SDW and the sock look great too. But the quilts. Mmmmmmmmmm.......

Katrina said...

Lots of pretty eye candy!!!! Love all the quilty pictures and your SDW is wonderful.

devonaz said...

Isn't great to be diversified,,that is me also alot of projects going all in different genre's it keeps things interesting and not boring,,love all your projects you have going on,,

Laurie in Iowa said...

You are a woman of many talents. Love the fabric you chose for the yellow quilt top... perfect! Lots of lovely quilts happening in this post.
You're sticking to your plan for SDW. YGG She looks great.

Deb said...

Wow, you've gotten a ton of things done! YGG! Now, would you send some of that over to my neck of the woods! I could use it!!

sissyjane said...

Oh my- I think we were separated at birth. So many projects, so little time!

Jeanne said...

Lots of great progress Kim and I agree on diversity is good! It's not often you get to use those big prints like the one you recently got for your backing. That and borders are about all you can use them for.

I am still working away on that Moda Heritiage repro quilt you did some time back - I think you got yours done in record time but I am still going along at tortoise pace. I am just finally finsihing up all the blocks so I can soon start sewing rows finally. I made mine king-size so it's a whopper....

woolwoman said...

what no rug hooking ??????? awww it's OK - you did good GF - Love those socks and the quilty fabrics - awesome ! hope you are having a good week - Mel