Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!

Since I haven't had a chance to go on the hunt yet this week, I thought I would do another "What Is It?" post! This item was picked up by the hubs.....he said he knew it was old and crackly and white and that I would probably like it. But we're not sure the age or the use!


It's a two piece set.....


a little beaker type thing and it's accompanying little saucer. Have you ever seen one like this? Any idea of the age? It's use? What do you think...."WHAT IS IT?"

*Peace!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

oh...it's very cute! It might be one of those individual creamers that restaurants used to use when they gave you "real" cream for your coffee...

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I think it is an individual server for hot maple syrup that you used to get in restaurants ~ back in the olden days!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nancy. Many years ago before individually packaged creamers were available, restaurants and hotels poured cream in small containers like the one your husband purchased and they were brought to the table on a small white saucer. Alice is correct, too, that maple syrup (I believe it was the real stuff back then) was served in the little pitchers. Boy, those were the days!! Hugs from Kentucky - kelley

Joy said...

I collect old restaurant dishes and it looks like a creamer and butter pat dish. Amazing how long lasting these dishes are!

Margaret said...

What they said. lol! Makes sense to me!

Deb said...

Boy, it could be just about anything. For cream, maple syrup or melted butter. Whatever it is, it's pretty cool!

krayolakris said...

Syrup server with its saucer! It's adorable!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I think it's a syrup server - keep warm, drip in saucer, and make us smile!

Kathie said...

my guess is pancake syrup!