Saturday, March 05, 2011

So This Is Saturday

Where did the week go!? Once it was back to the office, I was M I A from blogland! What's been going on since Monday.....


Little Mister JJ came to visit. He's getting so big...and he'll throw an occasional cheesy grin my way...so cute!

I made two stops prior to Thrifty Thursday and both were a bust. Hard to believe, I know, but it happens!

HOWEVER....on Friday, my work bud, Amy, and I went to our fav' Mexican dive near work and enjoyed a tasty lunch. It just so happens to be situated across the street from another dive thrift store. So in we went.

And out I came....with some pottery. Go figure!

This piece...


I'm still researching. It's heavy...and it's marked "76" and "Cordon Bleu B I A France" on the bottom...so I'm sure it's oven safe.


I'd still like to know more about it! In my research, only more modern pieces come up in a search. Anyone have any info on this? I'd love to hear about it!

And then even more pottery.


Oooooh..aaaaah....earthy! My fav'! AND...it just happens to be...


a GIANT LAMP! LOVE! I'm going to have to rewire it....but for five bucks, I had to bring this baby home to mama! Doesn't it look like a big beehive? kinda? sorta? Anyhooooo.....I think I may have the perfect wicker shade down in the store room for this! I'll have to see if the shade is big enough! I love vintage lamps. One of a kind!

Today I finally got caught up on my Farmers Wife quilt blocks...


and I also put my turn in on the round-robin quilt in my possession. Can't show you that though...you know...top secret and all!

Now I think I'm going to stitch for a bit! I love a Saturday!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

That little grandchild of yours is soooo adorable! The hat matches his shirt perfectly too! Sorry, I'm being distracted by the cuteness too much to pay attention to anything else. :D :D

Laurie in Iowa said...

Ahhh.... such a sweet baby who's wearing the most adorable hat.
I'm absolutely shocked that you didn't have a Thrifty Thursday find.... what's up with that???
Your FW blocks are looking good.

Cari said...

My personal fav...little Mr. JJ of course!! Love the shirt and overalls. DARLING Hugs

Catherine said...

Mister JJ has the best expression on his face - "What do you mean there isn't any milk and cookies - this is grandma's house, isn't it?"

He's a cutie!!

Love that lamp!!

Deb said...

JJ is adorable. Did you make that hat for him!!

Wow, no deals on Thursday? Well, you made up for it with all your pottery!

And yahoo on getting caught up on the FW blocks. I've gotten all of February's done and now on to March's today. You know, I'm going to be sad when this is over - only three more months!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

JJ is a doll and I just love his hat!

Your lamp find is awesome!

Alma Allen said...

JJ is just the cutest! I love those knitted hats. Keep babies really warm too.

I saw the Farmer's Wife book last fall. It really made me want to start on those blocks too. Wish I would have gotten busy! Yours are wonderful!

Jeanne said...

What an adorable photo of your grandson - love those itsy bitsy overalls! Maybe you've already bought all the bargains in your town ha ha.