Saturday, February 26, 2011

What's A Creative Soul To Do?

So with my monthly allotment of the SDW sampler complete, what's a creative soul to do when she's still laying low...recovering...with down time? Well...

I turned a heel.


Whew! That was fun! And it was so fun it instilled a faux sense of confidence in this little knitter. So much so that I shopped.


I must be insane. Rowan Kidsilk Haze?? Let's blame the pain meds...okay? I have always loved this wrap though...so...stranger things have happened!

I picked up a hook....and some wool...


and promptly decided I really must lay off the meds.


This will take FOREVER with #6 cuts!! What was I thinking? It's very sad because if you SAW the investment I made in lovely hand-dyed #6 wool strips..well...you'd be speechless. I'm thinking of switching to a wider cut. Thoughts?

Aaaand....I sewed linen to scroll rods and started two new samplers.


Lucretia Maus 1832 and a restart for And They Sinned. Thank you Margaret for enabling me to restart this with that lovely vintage pearled barley! Loving it!

And then I went back to work. *sigh*

But....now it's the weekend again so let the fun begin!!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Ok. Do you know how to do that intarsia knitting? For that matter, do you know how to do multicolor knitting with stranding? I need to learn!!!!!!!! I love that wrap! I love that yarn! I love those colors! I looooove it!!!!! I like your meds. lol! Where did you get that kit? I love kits!

Enough about that. Nice heel turn! I love your new starts too! Glad to be of service with the fabric. :D Now stitch some more on Lucretia so i can get a better idea of what she really looks like. That pic on SL does nothing for the piece.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

The wrap is beautiful! And I so want to learn how to make socks :-)

Cari said...

I need some of those meds that you're taking!! My goodness your are one busy chick. I love the sock and love the colors for the new wrap. YUMMY And the rug hooking....I can only imagine the $$$ but in my humble opinion....worth EVERY penny!! I'm so looking forward to your progress on EVERYTHING!! Warmest hugs!

Deb said...

Kim, if those meds are making you accomplish all of that, I think that I need some!! You've got so many great things going on. I like the hooking as it is, but you're the one whose going to work on it. If you don't like it go for what you want. There will probably be something that you can use that wool for!!

TamboinMO said...

Mix it up....use 6's and 8's!

Beth said...

You've been very busy! That is a pretty wrap, but holy moly, tiny yarn, I've tried working with it in the past, tried being the operative word there. Have fun with all your pretty projects!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Yup, I think we all want to know about those meds Kim. You've got all sorts of projects going on and they all look fabulous.
I know nothing about rug hooking... just that I love the final product.
Since Margaret loves the wrap so much I wonder if she'll knit me one too???

Sylvia said...

Yes, I too want to get some of those meds... love the kit for the wrap - that is going to be so much fun!

I am so excited that you finally restarted ATS - it will be gorgeous.

Teri said...

I love all the color you have going on in this post. Looks like spring blooms to me! All these pieces are fabulous, and that knitted wrap - I want one too! I think we all want a bit of what you've been taking!

woolwoman said...

OMG Kim - I missed commenting on this post - LOVE all you are doing and YEAH for the rug hooking start - YGG with the #6 - you know I never hook with anything larger than a 6 so YOU CAN DO IT ! plus you already have the wool - just keep at it - looks great so far. You won't believe - I have that KSH wrap kit - it was a KAL with our LYS and I never started it - however the colors are yummy and your sock is darling - I'm off to look up Lucretia ! Have fun Mel