Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday Night's Alright!

Hello and Happy Saturday Night! Aaaah...Saturday.....the first day of a 3 day weekend! Yes folks...it's true. I'm back to part-time at the office! WOOOHOOO!!! Excuse my excitement.....I'm so ecstatic to be back to 3 day weekends! It really takes some of the urgency and stress away from my days off knowing I have an extra one!

Today, I had planned on sewing, but instead was graced with the presence of little Miss Avery while her mom and dad went snowboarding. We had some "fresh powder" fall today, which apparently was an awesome event, as my teenage son informed me, and so they all went snowboarding. And so I had a couple hours of laughing and holding Avery.

All creative pursuits were not lost though. I did finish Ida Mae Crow this evening!


I purposely left off the fence at the bottom..and plan to get her framed in a big chunky molding!

I also had a chance to make a trip to the grocery store and pick up things I need for the big game tomorrow!


I've got a good start on the food prep this evening! The bulk of the 'work' tomorrow will be preparing the cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos...one of my all-time favorite Pioneer Woman recipes! Yummmmmm! Can hardly wait!

Until tomorrow, bloggy friends!

*Peace!

14 comments:

Sylvia said...

OH Miss Ida is so cute - don't even miss the fence. Enjoy the food - we don't get Superbowl until tomorrow....what are you supposed to do with that on a Monday???

Katrina said...

Cute finish!!! Have a fun superbowl party too :-). I've got the pork in the crockpot for pulled pork and I will fix everything else later.

Margaret said...

Love your Ida Mae! I bet it was great to have Avery come visit too! Congrats on being back to a 3 day weekend -- it really does make a difference, doesn't it? Superbowl -- better you than me. lol! We'll be marveling at how quiet it is outside with no traffic as usual and ignoring the Superbowl all together here. lol!

Deb said...

Miss Ida is great! I think she's going to look wonderful in the chunky frame. I can't wait for the game to start so I can park myself down and watch it. I don't really get into the game itself - I just like the commercials. Now, though, I think I need to go to the store and make some poppers. Those sound good!!

TamboinMO said...

YUM! I love me a stuffed pepper!

Cari said...

Yum Kim...I'd love to be at your house for the big game...stitching and all that great food and football. Does it get any better than that? HUGS

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wonderful news about your 3 day weekends returning. Congrats on finishing Ida Mae... very sweet.
Enjoy your Super Bowl snacking.

Karen said...

Kudos on such a cute finish!

I * love * that Jalapeno appetizer ... may have to make a trip to the grocery today!

happy stitching...and snacking!

Paulette said...

Wow!! You're back to pt AND you finished Ida?? Great job! I'll be cooking at the same time you are - and I've yet to try those jalepeno things.. I know they're your favorite!

Paueltte

Myra said...

Ida looks fabulous! From the looks of that food I want to watch the Superbowl with you. LOL I have ribs rubbed and the fixings for PW's salsa.

marylin said...

Oh I love your blog !
marylin France

Littlebit said...

Oh, KK! I LOVE IDA MAE!!!! Great job! I can't wait to see her ready to hang..on the wall, of course. MM

Melissa said...

Miss Ida Mae is cute! I can't wait to see how she will be framed!

Enjoy your Super Bowl party!

Michelle said...

Love Ida - she is adorable!!!!