Friday, February 18, 2011

Sadness Madness & Gladness

Well hello! I'm back among the living somewhat now...finally! Whew! I actually got out and about today!

I made a trip out to see my buddy, Twyla, out at her quilt shop, Quilted Memories. It's with sadness that she has decided to lock up shop....and get her life back! Sadness comes from the fact that she had the most wonderful selection of fabrics, and it was always fun to head out to visit her there!

And now madness ensues! You would think we were never going to see a yard of fabric again!


I've done some damage...in person and over the phone with her! And I picked up that lovely red wire basket too! She's selling her shop fixtures and such, so I snagged that. And when I got home, I was sorry that I left the other so another phone call out to the shop has the matching basket waiting. This is insanity!

Gladness for Twyla though. It's rough being married to a shop 24/7. She was a hands-on owner, and so there was never time for her to go do fun things with friends. Now she has that time! We got a taste of it when we met for lunch today. That was nice! I'm glad for her and what lies ahead!

Gladness also because I have FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY put the Ohio Star quilt top together!


I haven't been coherent long enough to do long stints of sewing, but finally finished it up this evening!


Nice to get this one done!

All the foreign matter was removed from my face yesterday and though things are still sore and tender, I'm already breathing differently! And WOWZERS! This gives horseradish a whole new UMPH!!! It's been a rough week, but I'm hopeful it was all worth it!

And now I can get back to life...more Gladness!!

*Peace!

19 comments:

regan said...

The Ohio Stars quilt is wonderful! I love the colors!

Karoline said...

Your Ohio stars are looking lovely. Glad to hear you're feeling better

Sylvia said...

Excellent new about your recovery - it will make such a difference. You will be glad in the long run. Your quilt is scrumptious!!

Its nice that your friend is going to have some time, but always sad when a shop closes.

Tolentreasures said...

So glad that you are feeling better, the quilt is beautiful! The two happiest days of your life, the day that you open your own shop and the day that you close your own shop. Good for her, sad for you!

Have a great rest of the weeknd.

Cathy

Margaret said...

Glad you're getting back to normal -- and that your snozz is feeling the effects! :D Love your Ohio Star quilt! And the quilt shop -- yes, it's sad when a good one closes. Our quilt store around here closed a few years ago and I still miss it. But it sounds like it's a good move for your friend. Love that fabric and the wire basket too! Good that you nabbed a second of those!

Paulette said...

I'm glad for you too! :) I LOVE the wire basket! Too cool! And I have to say, I think your latest quilt is my favorite of all you've done! Love!!!

Paulette

thebusybeehive said...

So glad that you are recovering nicely. Love the new stash and the basket!

Cari said...

I am so glad that you're feeling better. It's tough having your face feel like someone hit you in the face with a baseball bat! I love, love, love your Ohio Star quilt. Yellow and red is such a fun combination. You still take care and don't over do it! Hugs

Laurie in Iowa said...

Glad your somewhat back to normal Kim. Your Ohio star quilt top looks fabulous.
It' always sad when a good shop closes, but it sounds like the right move for your friend.
Love the red wire basket.

Melissa said...

Love the Ohio Stars quilt. It has a nice balance of contrast and tone.

Glad you are feeling better Kim!

Catherine said...

Glad to hear that you are back in action!

What wonderful fabrics and that basket is great!!

Love that quilt too!

carol fun said...

Love the Ohio Star quilt- it has two of my favorites included - favorite block, Ohio Star and favorite color - yellow! Glad you're feeling better.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

So glad you're feeling better, Kim! Great new stash and your Ohio Star quilt is fabulous!!!

Vicki said...

The Ohio Star top is wonderful! I love the fabric combination. Glad you're feeling better!

Littlebit said...

KK, your Ohio Star quilt top is WONDERFUL!!!! I love it! How are you going to quilt it??
So glad you are almost back to your human state. :)
I'm sorry to hear your friend is closing up shop..I'm sure you found some wonderful goodies. MM

Katrina said...

Love your Ohio star quilt!!! And very glad you are feeling better :-).

So sorry your shop is closing, while you can understand her desire for more of a life it still a shame to lose a shop.

Theodora quilts said...

It is always sad when a shop closes I hope it was making enough profit for her to think it was worth staying open,I also have a shop and I always have some days where I close early and I am able to go out with friends ,but still love it when friends drop by the shop it is really a social gathering that I think I will definetly miss I wish her luck ,xoxo theodora

Jayne said...

Kim, your Ohio Star quilt is gorgeous! You have been a real trooper through this down time! glad to see you back amongst the living! Jayne

Miss Sews-it-all said...

Glad to hear you are breathing better. And what lovely fabric you brought home! Now if you need help finding something to stitch up from all the fabric, stop over to www.WeAllSew.com to find all kinds of quilting and sewing projects and ideas!