Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Revamps In Progress....

I've got some revamps going on around here!

First these.


I picked this pair of vintage lamps up on a thrifty outing, with a plan.


They weren't expensive, and I thought they'd be great lamp-revamp projects!

I taped off the important parts.


And coated them with a coat of Krylon Metallic Silver.


Hmmm...rather glitzy! And 'tin' looking. Yet still somehow better than the original.


Still they needed some depth. So this morning I grabbed some black paint and got busy rubbing these down.


Okay...better! The black settled in and calmed down the 'glitz' factor.


Revamp is still in progress on these....I now need to find some cool shades! Thrifted, of course!

Speaking of thrifting.....I will be posting Thrifty Thursday tomorrow at some point, as I have my own personal 'revamp' of sorts taking place on Thursday, and I may be AWOL for a few days. I'm going in for a nose job. ha! Okay..an internal nose job! Years and years and years of sinus problems and now some breathing issues are going to land me on the surgical table at precisely 7:30AM Thursday morning. I'll be undergoing a septoplasty along with functional endoscopic sinus surgery. OUCH! Have I mentioned it pains me to even pluck a nose hair? I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the aftermath of this! But...we'll just have to deal with it. Sometimes revamps require some pain I suppose....and some good drugs too! ;o)

*Peace!

16 comments:

Margaret said...

Interesting revamping going on here! Looking forward to seeing the shades next. Good luck with your surgery -- ouch! Doesn't sound like much fun! I'll be thinking of you come Thursday.

Catherine said...

I absolutely love the revamp on these lamps!!

I'll be thinking of you this week - hope all goes well!

Julie M said...

Good Luck with your surgery, I hope it does the trick for you!

Great revamp on the lamps! Can't wait to see what you find for shades!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Good luck with the surgery Kim. I hope it cures what is ailing you. I'll be thinking of you early Thursday morning.

Jayne said...

Good luck with your surgery, Kim!

Sylvia said...

Here is wishing you a successful surgery! My DH had this done years ago and it made such a difference - no more sinus infections, hardly any snoring... I hope your recovery is speedy as well.

KathieB said...

The lamps look great--good eye for the possibilities! Best of luck on the surgery. Hope it's 100% successful.

Cari said...

Cool revamp on the lamps Kim. And goodness, surgery....I'll be thinking about you all day long. Rest up and positive thoughts. Warmest of get well hugs coming your way!

M.T. Pocketts said...

You'll feel so much better--eventually!--after that sinus surgery. My husband has so many sinus infections...not fun at all!
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
--Mary (in sunny Mexico)

woolwoman said...

Kim - a woman I work with had similar surgery a couple of years ago and she said it was a piece of cake compared to the same surgery she had a number of years prior. I hope you have the same easy recovery that she had and it makes you all better. good luck! mel

Michelle said...

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery on your surgery - it is not too bad. I had the deviated septum fixed and sinus surgery once, and then the sinus surgery alone a second time. It has made a huge difference though!!!

Deb said...

At first I thought I was looking at tin foil! LOL, but you're next pictures look wonderful. I love all your thrifty revamps.

And will be thinking about you and your surgery! You know you'll feel so much better after it's done. Email me and let me know how it goes!!

Littlebit said...

KK..the lamps turned out wonderful! I hope you will show them again with the shades.

Good luck with your surgery. It's nice to see the positive comments from people who have had it before. Let us know how you are doing! MM

TamboinMO said...

Can't wait to see these finished! I've got a little 1/2 table in our vestibule....I think I need to spray it silver!

Angela (Cottage Magpie) said...

Oh I LOVE those! They look GREAT! I have always been afraid to paint ceramic -- I've been afraid it would chip. But that looks SO GOOD! I might have to try it.
~Angela~

Alexis Owmizer said...

That's so clever! We'll be starting the thrift planning when we move back to Los Angeles this summer. You got those really good revamping projects. I like the new color, though vintage items are pretty, too. Hehe! Oh, how's your "nose job"?? My sister is having some nasal issues and I think she has to undergo rhinoplasty. Did you find good surgeons?