Monday, February 07, 2011

Mondays Are Fundays!!

Aaah...it's true! Mondays are once again FUNDAYS for me! Wooohooo!! I must say, it took me awhile to get going today. I sat in a trance for a while...trying to grasp the idea that I have an extra day off every week again.

I fixed myself a tasty treat for breakfast...


mmmmmm! Yes...those ARE leftover cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos from yesterday's Super Bowl bash (BTW...WOOHOO PACKERS!!!!). These delectable little treats are AWESOME atop an egg on a toasted bagel.

Later in the morning, I pulled out the BriWax....ripped up an old flannel shirt, and got busy on a couple picture revamps!

Remember this?


It was a might bit too pastel for me. But I'm not sure if I like the way it turned out. It may need additional work.

First I painted the frame black. I did this a month or so ago. I should have sanded the yellow frame better. It didn't want to stick. But for the most part it did. And I rubbed some off to give it a weathered look.

Today...I rubbed BriWax on the frame....and let it dry.


Then, once dry, I rubbed it to a slight sheen.

Eh...


not sold on this one yet. I need to 'live with it' for a bit and see. I think I'll do another coat of wax maybe.

But THIS one...


oh yeah! I did the same thing. A month or so ago I painted the frame black.

Today....rubbed with BriWax and let it dry.


And then rubbed it to a lovely sheen! I LOVE the way this one turned out. Warmth from that red and black mixed with the dark brown BriWax.


I love my $1.99 picture even more now!

It's been a busy weekend, and so there wasn't much time spent in the sewing room. I did get down there for a bit this afternoon.


I'll have Ohio Star blocks soon!

It took me a while to warm up to the idea that I really COULD have fun today even though it was a Monday. I don't think it'll take me that long next week! ;o)

I hope your Monday was a Funday for you! Stop back tomorrow and see what I did with spray paint tonight!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Glenna said...

I wish I had a dime for every time I wasted time in a trace. But maybe it regenerates the creative juices? Love what you did with the frames. But as for those pepper things? From my screen, the looked like bacon wrapped mice on toast. Hah! A thrifty way to use up leftover rodents!

Margaret said...

Yum on breakfast! I think your frame redos look nice! Nice progress on the quilt too. Happy Monday indeed!

Catherine said...

I was thinking your sandwhich looked pretty good until I read Glenna's description!!

I love how you transformed your frames! And of course I love your quilty squares!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

The frames are both perfect!! You're quite a clever girl, Miss Monday Funday!!!

Sylvia said...

Oh, love that breakfast... Jalapenos are super expensive over here, so are sweet potatoes - don't know what is up with that....

Love what you did with the frames, esp. the red one. The other one is very nice as well, but I have a thing for red.

Siobhan said...

Yum-o on breakfast! I tortured my family by reading out your Superbowl menu, btw. ;) We can't get jalopenas here in bulk. I'm reading Glenna's comment as I type this... I could get mice... hmmm... ;)

Nice progress on the quilt, and OMG on your Bri-Wax re-dos!

Paulette said...

Wow! The frames came out great! I especially love the red-turned-blackish-red one. :)

Great job, and it's great to have you back for Mondays!

Paulette

Deb said...

I think that both of your frames came out fantastic. Maybe you need a little more yellow in the first one??? Love the quilt squares too - YGG!!!

And I definitely could not show those eggs with the peppers to my daughter. She would have me whipping some up - she's a pepper freak!!

mac said...

I had a hard time seeing the frames after the bacon, jalapeno deliciousness ;-)

That's quite a revamp, good job :-)