Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Looking Forward...

Thank you everyone so much for your thoughtful comments on our loss. Yesterday was a difficult day...to say the least. Even when you know it's coming, that doesn't make it any easier. But I appreciate your cyber hugs immensely. My quilting den will never be the same....I won't have a companion sitting on the sewing table batting my thread as I sew. I suppose I'll have to bribe Emmitt to ride 'shotgun' beside me as I sew, though his chunky self won't be very comfortable up on the sewing table. Perhaps a comfy bed beside my chair will work. I better keep the MilkBone treats handy!

Today....I'm going to begin looking forward...


to Spring!

Maybe that will take my mind off of the fact that we are in for frigid temps...high winds...and dangerous wind chills over the next couple of days. I still think I would rather have multiple feet of snow in a storm instead of the cold. BRRRRRR. We had about 6" of snow yesterday....and today....as the day goes on, the cold becomes a bit unbearable.

So I'll look forward to Spring...to lilacs...to sunshine....and happy days!

Stay safe and warm wherever you are!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We had an ice storm roll through last night. It's so cold!! I'm looking forward to spring too!!

Margaret said...

I know how much I would miss Mia, so I feel for you with your empty space by the sewing table. :(

I'm not sure which is better -- frigid temps or being threatened by snow and ice which might knock out the power. The weather warnings say that's likely. Thanks a lot guys! Sorry, I think I'd take the frigid temps. lol!

Michele said...

I cannot wait to start planting and then harvesting lettuce! But I will be waiting...

Catherine said...

More hugs your way! Stay safe and warm and thanks for sharing a touch of spring with that lovely picture!