Thursday, January 06, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

A few round things to share today! Happy Thursday!!!


They're all posing for you in this...


isn't it great? It's a HUGE wooden basket. I haven't decided if I'll leave it 'rustic' or if it will become a project and be painted, etc. It was five bucks and is super sturdy! Will make a great dirty laundry catcher I think!

And...look what's inside!


Excited to find this great big Texas-Ware confetti bowl! Excellent shape..


and for a buck! This may go up for resale...I haven't decided, but I knew I had to snatch it up!

And another piece of handthrown pottery came home as well.


Loved the color. Fifty cents.

Also brought home a glass juicer/reamer. It's large....it's free of any chips...


and it was a buck. The juicer I have from a previous thrifty outing has a rather large chip on the base.

Because I have decided that NO, I will NOT begin collecting juicers, thank-you-very-much-for-asking-though, the chippy one will now go back to the thrift store for someone else to take home if they'd like.

See! Just when you thought I might be a lost cause...a pathological collector...I surprise you...and even myself! ;o) One glass juicer is enough.

I'll keep pondering the current state of that large basket...decide if it's a project, or if it will remain 'rustic'. And speaking of projects, hopefully in the next week, I'll have some Thrifty Thursday revamped projects to showcase! Things I've purchased with an overhaul in mind.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments. I do try and reply back, but too many times there is no email available. If you'd like a reply back to your comments/questions, please make sure you provide an email address or that you are not set to "No-Reply" because then I can't get back to you!

Have a wonderful day today!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice round things! :D I would never think of touching something up -- you're good. Love that huge basket!

Cari said...

Great finds Kim. I can't decide if my favorite is the Texas-ware bowl or the glass juicer! Either way...enjoy!!

Erin in MI said...

Awesome finds Kim! I can't believe it's Thursday again...man time flies!! I love the Texas-ware bowl...let us know if you decide to pass that along :)

Michelle said...

Ooh, wouldn't that basket be pretty with some rolled up quilts in it? Fun!

Taryn said...

I love glass juicers but it is a wise woman who says "one glass juicer is enough." Here's to you!