Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Night Awaits!

Yes indeed....a Saturday night awaits!

So far today...there has been stitching...


after I finished my January page of SDW, I pulled out the NPI silks and some 40ct something-or-other and started Ida Mae Crow. I must admit I love the LOOK of the 40ct but it's taking some getting used to! It's been a while since I've needled 40ct!

There was also some time spent at the Bernina...


piecing quarter square triangles. Already plotting setting options, but still need to get the blocks sewn! Maybe I'll saunter back down there in a bit.

We just finished up dinner...


I fixed a variation of The Pioneer Woman's MM Sandwich PW Style My variation was I didn't have any bell peppers in the house and didn't want to go out to get any so there were none. ;o) Tasty treat!

I baked a coconut poke cake too! But I'm too stuffed to even look at it, let alone cut a piece and take a pic so maybe later this evening...or tomorrow! The pour-over sauce was quite yummy if that's any indication!

With Saturday day behind me...the night awaits!

What happened with you today? and what awaits you on this Saturday night?

*Peace!

10 comments:

Glenna said...

I'm spending this sat. night working on my database class, which I hate with all of my being. My needlework is sitting in another room, crying for me. So thank you for posting and giving me something more interesting to look at than my database!

Jan said...

KIM!!! I have missed your last three posts...first of all, your framed butterflies are GORGEOUS!!!!! Wow, I think I remember when you started this...ahemmmm, like I have room to talk about dates I have started things. lol

That pottery, well, you are killing me here, I heart pottery and that is some gorgeous pieces you have been getting.

I say I do want to see and get the recipe for that coconut cake, that sounds scrumptious and I love your new start too. Thanks for the incredible visuals, as always!

Margaret said...

Nice crow! :D Nice piecing too! Me? We have no hot water, no stove. Propane leak somewhere and no repairs done on weekends. Psyching myself up for a cold hair wash tomorrow and Monday mornings. Brrrr.

Sylvia said...

OH yum, I want to come to your house for dinner!! Your Ida Crow is very cute.

Cari said...

I love Ida Mae...she's so cute in her darling dress! I worked at the yarn shop on Saturday. It was busy and there were some new knitters who needed supplies. It was a lot of fun spending their money!! Then home to knit and relax in front of TV. You've been very busy!! Hugs

Charlene ♥ SC said...

My recipe for the poke cake is without the sweetened condensed milk, and it is yum-yummy!! Will you be doing Ira, too?

Siobhan said...

That sandwich looks SO good!! Almost as good as your Ida Mae and the QSTs. ;) I have Ida Mae and Ira Ray here... I hope to get to them in the Spring. I can't wait to see more WIP pics!

photoknitdog said...

Love the cross stitch crow! And what a yummy sandwich. :)

Catherine said...

Great crow! That sandwich is making me hungry!

devonaz said...

I just made these this past week to,,and we loved them,,,I also didnt have green peppers,,and just used onions,,Your stitching is beautiful..love looking at all the updates..