Sunday, January 23, 2011

Of Stallions, Toile, Beanies & Such

Some headway was made this weekend on projects. I love when that happens!

My monthly allotment of one page of the SDW band sampler chart is complete.


The stallion is done!

The simple Squares O'Toile quilt is done...


well, except for the pressing. Simple...no rhyme or reason to the fabric placement other than I made sure no two of the same fabric were butted up against each other. It really has a warmth about it...I'm pleased to finally see it come together.

This morning, in preparation for a visit from Mr. JJ, I decided to quick make him another beanie. The first one I made was newborn, and, well, he outgrew it quickly!
So I pulled out the ole size G crochet hook and got busy.


This one fits him better AND it just happened to end up being the colors of the Dallas Cowboys. Now HOW did that happen? ;o)

This was also happening down in the sewing room today...


yes. More blocks. For the "Don't Eat The Yellow Snow" quilt. After consulting with my pal, Blogless Kwilty Karen, we decided it would look best WITHOUT a border. You don't have to twist MY arm...borders are not my favorite thing unless they're integral to the quilt design. In this case, they were not, they were only going to add size. So I'm making 26 more blocks...two more rows....and will call this one good as a large over-sized queen. With no border.

So there you have it....my weekend filled with stallions, toile, beanies & such!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Very nice!!! Love the toile! But I especially love the beanie on the cutie! What a cutie!

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

looking good! I love the Toile... and not a fan of borders on quilts "just because" either....more blocks is a good call!!( IMHO) lol

Cari said...

My goodness...you did have a full weekend!! You are one busy gal. Mr. JJ is adorable.

Melissa said...

Wow, Kim, you've been so productive! The quilt top looks great. The beanie is wonderful on that cute baby!

Katrina said...

Very pretty!!!! Love the new quilt and gorgeous stallion :-). Sweet baby pic too.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love your little Beanie Baby ~ cute cap ~ cute kid!!! You go, Grandma!!

Love to Stitch said...

Your stallion is fabulous!! Great job on finishing that page!!! I am rooting for you :)

Michelle said...

Love love love the toile quilt! And congrats on getting that stitching goal accomplished too. Can't wait to see more of the yellow snowb quilt. It will be great without a border.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Awww... what a cute little beanie for for real cutie pie. Love the toile and glad you solved your border decision. No border is sometimes the best answer.