Sunday, January 16, 2011

Babies, Borders, Blocks & Bobbins

Hello and Happy Sunday! Whew...it's been a weekend! A little under the weather, and there's nothing worse than being home from work and not feeling like working on anything fun! But I'm on the mend, so all is not lost for the weekend!

Today....a visit from little Mr. JJ.


5 weeks old....he slept thru the visit. Do you see that little bit of red hair peeking out? Daughter/Mommy Ashley has red hair...so this is a given. He's a cutie!

Last night I put the 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow" top together....


it just needs a border now. I'm thinking in order to keep it 'sunny' I may go with a wide yellow. I had thought about stripping out the border....but the more I look at it, I think a nice wide path of sunshine around it will look great...and will look great with quilting in it. I finished this about 10:15 last night and didn't feel like pressing it and measuring for borders so I moved on to the other project by the machine.


The toiles are paired up. I can tell I'm going to like this one!


Just simple 10" squares sewn together haphazardly. I didn't even lay anything out. I'll just make sure that no two fabrics but right up to each other and go with it. I would have gotten more done, because I was hopped up on cold meds and Coke and had the tunes going...but I ran out of wound bobbins! And nothing deflates sewing progress like running out of wound bobbins! I decided to call it a night at that point.

Today...I now have wound bobbins and am ready to go again! While I was downstairs, having seen Michelle's progress on And They Sinned, I decided to get the linen for my ATS restart on the scroll rods!


Now I'm set to restart at my leisure!

I've been working a bit on SDW, and intend to spend the rest of the day watching football and working on it some more! I'll have some stitchy progress to show in the next post hopefully!

Happy Sunday!

*Peace!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! I love the red hair on that little one! my hubby is red haired as well -- I keep hoping that the red will show up again in a grandbaby in the future. (DD has auburn hair that no one believes is real. lol!) Love your quilts!!!!! Gorgeous! And ATS! Oh, so are you going to start again? I sort of let ATS slide by the wayside, but I'm always willing to pick it up again. :D

Deb said...

Love the name of your quilt. Reminds me of that Frank Zappa song about watching out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow! LOL

I hope you're feeling better now! And what a sweetie JJ is! And I'll be rooting for you on ATS. That's such a great piece and when you get past that cloud, it's smooth sailing!!!

Sherry :o) said...

glad you are on the mend! And I love the sleeping baby pic - so sweet. can't wait to see yellow snow with the quilting!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Beautiful quilts, beautiful baby and I'm so glad you're feeling better!

So glad to see you and all the others working on ATS - it's such a great project!

Robin said...

Your work is fabulous but does pale in comparison to sweet Mr. JJ

Cari said...

Oh that Mr. JJ is darling. Don't you wish you could sleep as peacefully as he does? Love your quilt tops too. You are very, very ambitious for being under the weather. I'd be taking to the bed for days!! Hugs

Laurie in Iowa said...

What a little cutie pie and love that red hair. Sorry you were feeling out of sorts this past weekend. It really doesn't look like it slowed you down any. Love the sunny yellow quilt top and what's not to like about toile.
So... another ATS is going to be happening in 2011. What motivation will you use to get that cloud stitched?

Angela (Cottage Magpie) said...

Hahhaha! The wound bobbins fiasco! I totally agree. I HATE stopping to wind bobbins.

I love your yellow quilt! I'm working on a yellow quilt, too. Must be some kind of yellow fever in the air. Ha. Can't wait to see it done!

~Angela~

Sylvia said...

Sweet little grandson - gotta love that red hair.

Can't wait to see your re-start on ATS - I hope to put mine back into the rotation this week.

The toile quilt looks fantastic - looking forward to seeing it done.

Feel better soon.

KathieB said...

The yellow piece is great--simple blocks just sing together.

Catherine said...

Love all your goodies, but the sweet sleeping baby takes the cake!

Michelle said...

Love the yellow and white snowball quilt - I knew I would!! Yellow is a favorite of mine. And I'm so glad you're restarting ATS - the cloud is calling you!!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jan said...

Look.at.that.sweet.baby.boy. I don't think I would get anything else done with that little bundle around!

Feel better hugs!!