Sunday, January 30, 2011

About Sunday

Today was a leisurely kind of day! I don't FEEL like I got a lot done...just kinda one of those days where I just "was". And those are good days to have too!


As promised, here is a pic of the coconut poke cake that I baked. I toasted some coconut today for the top.

This is about as far as I've gotten on the Ohio Stars.


The thought of lopping off the dog ears didn't appeal to me...so it's still in this state. waiting. for the lopping.

Instead I did some handwork...


and this quilt binding will be done shortly! As soon as I finish my cake...



*Peace!

8 comments:

Deb said...

Can I have some cake too! It really looks yummy. I'd make one but DD doesn't like coconut. Hey, just a thought - more for me! LOL

Know how you feel - having those days when you just are there. Those dog ears can come off another day.

Margaret said...

Mmmmm. That cake looks yummy! Sounds like a pretty ideal day. Just lazing around is a necessary part of life to me. Just being. Love the quilt progress btw.

KathieB said...

So what exactly IS Coconut Poke cake??

Michele said...

MMMM... that cake looks great!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Yay for the cake! I checked the recipe ~ love the ingredients!! Wish it weren't so fattening ~ I gotta lose 50#'s before I go to Florida ~ in two weeks!!! No cake for me!!!!!!

Deb said...

How good does that cake look? Was it fabulous? What a great name for a cake! Oh and your quilting looks great too. Love the binding.

Angela (Cottage Magpie) said...

Okay, I've never heard of coconut poke cake. Is it a regional thing? But it looks SOOOOOO good!

I love days where you just kind of hang out. It's great.

~Angela~

Catherine said...

I love those kind of days! I almost didn't see the quilting - all I saw was cake!