Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Hello!! Happy Christmas Eve Eve! I stopped off yesterday evening in between last minute shopping and found a couple goodies!


I have plans for an arrangement of blue transferware plates on a wall. This one will fit in swimmingly!


It has one crack and lots of crazing...LOVE! And it was .99, which I thought was fair for a dinner plate size!

And then remember that one time when I shared with you that I found a Sid Dickens tile?


for cheap?


and turned around and sold it for almost $200 on ebay? Well...


this isn't one of them! ;o) It's a wannabe...but I loved it anyway. It's very well done and heavy! Looks like an old piece of architecture. $1.99

Nothing too awful exciting but still fun!

I hope you're having a fun week and not getting sucked in to the hectic holiday pace!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

I looooove blue transferware plates! Can't wait to see your display. :D And $200 on ebay? Who is this Sid Dickens character? What a sell! Wow!

It doesn't feel at all like Christmas Eve Eve. For various reasons, one of which is that DS still has school today. His last day for this year, thank goodness!

Happy Christmas!!

Catherine said...

You and your finds are amazing!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with love, laughter and of course, stitching!

Deb said...

Love that plate Kim. I like to collect the red ones. One day I'd like to get them on the wall (although I'd have to drug DH so he didn't see me do it)! LOL And what a score on selling that other tile for so much. And some people don't understand thrifting do they? Shame on them!

Merry Christmas!!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Always fun...
I need to get a little more sucked in, if you please...
Baking and cleaning are needed - just not getting done!!
PS: The new addition to your family is precious - lots of new hugs and squeezes to distribute!!

Mam said...

Just dropping by to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. We have a lot in common, thrifting, the world`s most beautiful grandchildren and transferware. The best of the season to you and your famil.

Melissa said...

I wanna go shopping with you! You find the most amazing things!

I know what you mean about the hectic/craziness out there! Traffic is nuts. People are driving around without seeing cars or pedestrian because they are either on the phone, texting, or looking for parking spots! Yikes!

Luckily a quiet Christmas for us this year. Haven't been baked. Maybe today? ;-)

Merry Christmas, Kim!

woolwoman said...

merry christmas Kim !

Sampler Lover said...

Love your Blue Willow Plate. I also have one hanging on my wall along with some Blue Delft plates and Royal Cophenagen ones. I also am a blue and white china lover.
BTW your Ann Rayner sampler is looking wonderful. This is on my list lol. It's the sheep.
Have a wonderful Christmas - Sandra.

Deb said...

You are an amazing treasure hunter Kim! I love willoware - not that I have any originals! Belated congrats on your new family member - he's a real cutie. Merry Christmas to your expanding family!