Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Hello, Good Morning and Happy Thursday!!! First off thank you so much for the wonderful comments on the new addition to the family! Little JJ and his parents are home and doing well!

This week I was fortunate enough to hit up TWO of my fav' thrift haunts and came away with some goodies!


Quite the haul huh?

A unique little find for me was this eye wash cup! Fifty cents...


and the double handle open sugar bowl was seventy-five cents.

The color drew me in...


and the condition said 'take me home' for $2

Another spool to add to the basket of spools in the sewing room...


it was .49. I'm always thrilled when I find another one. I tell myself one day I will be so organized and I will actually USE the wooden spools to hold my quilt binding. Some day....maybe. ;o)

And look...


it's true. Another Longaberger...in impeccable condition! With a liner.

The price..


and did I mention that I went on a TUESDAY to this particular store, and TUESDAYS everything is 25% off? Yep...it's true. So another Longaberger score. I came home and tossed the bag in the hubs' lap. When he saw the Longaberger, he just shook his head in disbelief. LOL

Another Paris street scene...


I will be darkening that frame up!

And this lovely creamy vase...


I thought it would fit right in with the creamy white creamers, pitchers and bowls I've been amassing.

And then don't ask me why....because I don't know why myself, but I couldn't leave someone's handwork behind...


crochet and tatted lace runners...


and colorful cottagey embroidery pieces too! *SIGH* Not really my decorating 'look' but I had to rescue them. Any ideas on good uses for these? Would love to hear ideas on use. These may find their way to my Etsy shop at some point, as will a lot of my other Thrifty Thursday finds over time. The plan for the new year is to continue the hunt....continue to gather....and continue to share the treasure via Etsy! So stay tuned as I build that endeavor in to the new year!

Last week, I offered the lovely pears print as a giveway and the winner is...


#16~

Terri said...

So jealous of your prints! I need to get out more! LOL

Terri



Terri....shoot me an email and let me know if you'd still like this to come home to you!

I just love sharing my thrifty finds with you...in pictures and in giveaways! As always, thanks for the visit! Have a wonderful day!

*Peace!

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice finds!! Now why can't I ever find a spool or Longaberger basket for such a bargain? Probably cause I don't go thrifting much. lol!

Catherine said...

You have the most awesome thrift stores - either that you just have a better eye for that than me!

Love all your goodies this week - especially that blue gravy dish and the vase!

As for the runners, have you ever seen this: http://michellepalmerart.blogspot.com She is an amazing artist and draws right on old linens!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Another great haul Kim... we should be calling you the Thrifty Goddess.

Cari said...

My personal favorite...the turquoise gravy boat...love the color too!! Great haul Kim.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Great finds, Kim! I love it when I find a treasure. It's been a while since I've stopped - you're inspiring me to make a quick run!

M.T. Pocketts said...

Be careful....I once met a woman who collected those little eye wash thingies! (This could be the start of something?) I thought it was an odd thing to collect, but whatever floats your boat!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I tell my friends about this blog friend of mine that finds such great things including Longaberger ~ and there you go again ~ another one! I'm not a Longaberger collector but it amazes me the things you find ~ our thrift stores have junque that other people don't want!!!!! You'll have a nice collection of baskets for sure!!

barbara r-g said...

the eye cup reminds me of my grandfather. he had one eye and would use an eye cup like that to wash it out with. memories
thanks love your finds i would use the embroidery pieces to make little purses just fold them in thirds and put a great button to close it with.

woolwoman said...

what a haul Kim! I can't believe you got another Longaberger for such a steal - when I think of what we used to pay for them - AAACCKK - I think they are more reasonable now and have specials since the economy is so bad. Hope you enjoy the season! Melody

Terri said...

Woohoo! Thaks Kim! I sent you an email. And as someone already has said, you do have the greatest finds. I'm headed over to our thrift shops tomorrow...keep your fingers crossed for me!

Angela (Cottage Magpie) said...

Oh those crocheted and embroidered bits are just lovely! I'm sure there's lots of cottagey types out there who would love them (hint, hint!). So please, do, let us know if you are going to put them on etsy or otherwise! :-)

~Angela :-)

Sherry :o) said...

congratulations to Terri! Love the Longaberger - boy I wouldn't part with teh many I have for that much!!