Friday, December 31, 2010

A La Ann Rayner....with Minutes to Spare

Well I did it...I finished the Ann Rayner sampler...with minutes left in 2010!


And I really have to thank Mother Nature. Not only did she dump snow on us, which, combined with an abbreviated work day, allowed me to be home all day today, but she also made the wind blow. Which left the hubs and Jakester stranded out in Deadwood.


They've been out there since Wednesday for some snowboarding/snowmobiling fun, and had planned to come home today. But they couldn't. Soooo....lots of complete and totally uninterrupted stitching time was mine! And I used every minute of it to finish!


I changed a few things....because I'm not a fan at all of over one, and I would rather have completion than complete duplication. I have less sheep, more flowers in my pasture. And a different 'signature line'....I dubbed this one "A La Ann Rayner 1839".


I pulled my own conversion of Hand Dyed Fibers silks, and I tried to really capture the warm look of the original rather than the stitched reproduction.


I'm pleased! So pleased she is done! A final finish for 2010!

Bring on the new year!! Wooohooo!!

Stop back tomorrow to see what I'm starting for my New Year's Day quilt and my New Year's Day sampler!

Happy New Year!!

*Peace!

24 comments:

Deb said...

It's really beautiful Kim. Well done, you must be thrilled.

Happy New Year to you and your lovely family. Looking forward to seeing what you're up to in 2011.

Sylvia said...

Time to set of some fireworks again!!! Congrats, what a fabulous finish, and she is a stunner!! I am so happy for you that you finished her - what a way to end the year.

Cari said...

It's a beautiful completion Kim. Congratulations on a wonderful piece. it's just beautiful. Happy New Year

Myra said...

She is beautiful. I love the blues in it. Happy New Year!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Ann is fabulous. I never doubted for one minute that you'd get her finished before the end of 2010. YGG
Can't wait to see your New Year quilting and stitching projects.

Love to Stitch said...

Congrats on the finish of Ann!! She is beautiful. Looking forward to a framed pic soon :) What is next in the works?!!! Happy New Year!

KsMaryLou said...

Way to go Kim! I love your A La Ann Rayner. Congratulations on a great finish!

Catherine said...

Whoo-hoo! She's fabulous!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Joy said...

What a beautiful, timely, finish!
Happy New Year!

Margaret said...

Yay! You made it!!! Hope the boys are ok out there in the snowy wilds. Glad you got that time to yourself. Luxury! Looking forward to your New Year's starts!

M.T. Pocketts said...

Beautiful stitching!
I hope your hubby bet it all on red out in Deadwood so he has lots of money to buy you more stitching supplies for 2011!
Happy New Year!

Katrina said...

Woohoo, huge congrats!!! Love her and glad you found a way to make the sampler your own :-).

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a beautiful finish, Kim!! It is absolutely gorgeous - well done!

Happy New Year!

Deb said...

WOO HOO! YGG on the finish. Too bad about the boys being stranded in Deadwood, uh? LOL

She's great and I like your idea of changing some things to make it your very own. Now I think I need to do her. She's been on the scroll rods forever, but not a stitch taken! Can't wait to see what trouble you get into today!!

Glenna said...

Bravo! She's absolutely lovely! Now take a deep breath...what's next on your needle? Happy New Year, Kim, and I'm looking forward to more thrifty Thursdays!

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Kim! She is a beauty! I really love her and want to stitch her, whether it's this year I don't know. I love your changes. I get very queasy with over one's as well!

Happy New Year!

Sherry :o) said...

Love Ann, Kim - she is stunning! Happy New Year - looking forward to what you have to show stitching, quilting and thrifty shopping in 2011!

jean said...

Absolutely wonderful, I am not a fan of one over one either so well done on your version.
Happy new year and i will look forward to your new project

Andrea said...

That is just flat out gorgeous! Now you've got me all inspired to do one.

Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous sampler Kim! I love Hand Dyed Fibers.

Happy New Year!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I love your conversion - a la is perfect!

Melody said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! What an accomplishment.

Happy New Year and happy stitching.

Michelle said...

Woohoo!!!! Congrats on the finish, and what a stroke of luck to be stuck at home alone! I love the changes you made to Ann, especially keeping the colors close to the original.

Karoline said...

Ann is stunning, congratulations