Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Busy Elf

What a great day! I feel like I've made progress on many fronts...a satisfying Sunday!

Last night I began the baking...


and baked gingersnaps.

This morning, the baking continued...


Mexican Wedding Cake cookies. Yum! And while these were baking, the dough was chilling for these...


Chocolate Crinkles...little bits of choco goodness!

The sweets spread is ready!


Then I pulled out the wrapping paper


and wrapped the gifts that were here in the house. So glad that's done! I don't like to get behind on the wrapping because then while everyone else is sleeping with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads on Christmas Eve, I'm up in to the wee hours wrapping. Not fun! So I'm trying to stay on top of that.

Then I had to pull out the hook...


and some blue yarn that I picked up yesterday. A hat for JJ...it had to be done! I hope it fits!

And the rest of my evening was spent with Ann Rayner.


I don't know if I will have her all done by the time the clock strikes midnight on December 31, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

Yes indeed it was a fine Sunday! AND...in case you missed it...the Cowboys won! Wooohooo! It wasn't televised up here (boooo!) so I was at the mercy of my F5 button and online updates. But I still whooped and hollered with the updates. Nice!

And now this busy elf has become a somewhat tired elf...and the work week awaits. So off I go for some shut eye! Hope you had a great weekend!

*Peace!

15 comments:

Glenna said...

All of it lovely, but Ann Rayner is just the best! I'm about to start her--such gorgeous colors.

thebusybeehive said...

Wow. Love Ann Rayner, and I wish my Mac had smell-a-vision. The cookies look wonderful!

LauraB

Catherine said...

Yummy!!!! You've been a busy little elf! Everything looks great and Ann is just beautiful!

Margaret said...

Oh I love all the baking and hat and Ann! Beautiful!!! As for the Cowboys -- is there ever live streaming online? You should look. I know I can get tennis matches online with live streaming. :D

Jennifer said...

I credit that win to my trash talking, Deadskin loving husband. Each time he would trash talk, the Cowboys would score!
Go Cowboys!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Lovely cookies and wrapped presents. But the best of all is your gorgeous Ann R. sampler. I know you can get her done by the stroke of midnight on the 31st.

Sharlotte said...

Oooo Kim...look at that stitching and baking! I have never baked fresh gingersnaps but really should as I love them. Haven't had Mexican Wedding cake cookies in a few years but I love those too!

Deb said...

Oh ymmmmm on those cookies. We're finally getting around to doing ours today (or at least starting them). Can't wait to see the cap modeled, and you are so close to finishing up Ann. Hope you make it by the end of the year.

Katrina said...

Everything looks gorgeous and yummy and I love Ann Rayner :-).

woolwoman said...

Ann is gorgeous ! glad you are getting everything done ahead of the rush so you can ease into christmas like a lightly falling snowflake Enjoy! Melody

Paulette said...

You got so much done, girlfriend!! I can feel myself getting motivated to follow in your footsteps! :)

Paulette

Melissa said...

Love your baking, I had to laugh when I saw the chocolate crinkles, those are "reindeer poop" around my house. I'm surrounded by men and boys what do you expect!

Your energy inspires me! I need to bake, heck I still need to put up a tree! YIKES!

Dona said...

You were a busy elf and with fantastic results! Everything looks wonderful - from the cookies to Ann Rayner!

Merry Christmas!

saras said...

I'd love your chocolate crinkles recipe! If you share recipes! :)

Taryn said...

The baking looks delicious. I didn't get to my Christmas prep early this year so my baking begins tomorrow! Better late than never.