Friday, December 03, 2010

Avery Visits the Faux Millinery

Avery came over this week for a visit with her Grams.


She is such a doll...and such a happy happy girl! I just can't get over it. She's a joy!

She came over (accompanied by mom and dad) because I needed her to try on something.


Adorable! Sorry....can't stand it!

Avery's mom had spied a cute flapper girl hat and texted me last Friday to see if I could make one for Avery. And how could I say no?

So I hit up Ravelry, pulled out some pink and oyster color yarns...my trusty crochet hook...and without regard for head size...


This is the result after about 2 hours.

I think Avery is aghast that it doesn't fit!


It's a bit large.


But she did seem to enjoy wearing it and mommy and daddy loved it. And she can just grow her little head in to it...now can't she!?


It's a little big, but wearable. It will just give her a couple different looks as she grows in to it!


She doesn't seem to mind the fit at all!

*Peace!

16 comments:

Sherry :o) said...

Sweet - sums it all up!

devonaz said...

Oh my what a beautiful baby girl..and I love the hat,,

Meari said...

I think she looks adorable in it!

Catherine said...

Love her eyes!! I bet she melts her Daddy's heart with those!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Ahhh... so sweet, Avery and the hat.
Nobody can accuse you a being a proud grandma... nope, not you! lol

KathieB said...

So cute! Love it. I think she looks terrific in the hat.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Cute, cute. cute!!!

Margaret said...

OMG! Soooooooooooo cute!!!! She'll grow into it, no problem. This way she'll be able to wear it all winter and perhaps longer!

Melissa said...

I'm dying from all the cuteness! The hat you made is so sweet and I think it looks just adorable on that precious Avery!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Oh my GOSH Kim! She is adorable! Love her new hat! And yes, she will just grow into it! Don't cha just kiss that cute face almost every minute she's with you? Oh I love grandbabies!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

DARLING!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

I think the fit is perfect - the perfect hat for the most perfect little girl. I think that she's going to love having a grandma who makes her such wonderful things.

Laura said...

Adorable!!!!! She is just darling!!!!

Katrina said...

She's gorgeous and the hat is so sweet :-).

Beth said...

She has grown so much, and she's absolutely adorable. I think the hat is cute, she will grow into it before you know it!

ann'squiltingjourney ~ said...

Oh Kim she is beautiful! What a precious darling. Her hat is so cute. You must be the proudest Grandma, enjoy!