Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Happy Thursday! Hope you're having a great week! With the time change, it's so nice to get up in the morning and have some daylight for the drive to the office. Not so good...driving home in the dark! Makes me want to get home as fast as possible and get comfy! But last night after work, I did make myself stop off at G'Willy's. Yes...as you can imagine I had QUITE the argument with myself! ha!

Picked up two fun things!


It's pottery......it's a lovely blue....


it's dirty inside and in need of a cleaning....but I thought it was deserving of coming home...


a nice big pottery shell!

And then....it's cracked...it's crazed....it's painted red...


it screams vintage...because it is!

A lovely plate for upcoming holiday decorating!


I do love finding vintage Christmas stuff. I think this will look pretty cool on a plate easel! I'll be sure and post pics of holiday decorating so you can see how I use it! But that won't happen until after Thanksgiving is done and over. I can't bring myself to do anything "Christmas" (except shop) until AFTER Thanksgiving dishes are done. Call me crazy, but I really like to give each holiday my complete undivided attention! ;o)

It's a great time to shop for holiday decor at G'Willy's! I'm hoping to find some vintage bottle trees and some old mercury ornaments! Maybe next week!

*Peace!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Fun! That shell is really different! And the poinsettia piece -- nice!

Catherine said...

I can imagine that someone may have used that shell as a planter. And that plate! Love it! For some reason the flower reminds me of a starfish....don't know, but it just does...

jmvanleur@hotmail.com said...

Where do you go thrift shopping? Would love to do some shopping.....thanks