Sunday, November 21, 2010

See What Happens???

THIS is what happens when I tell myself I cannot start a new sampler.

I made a quick baby quilt....


because my daughter is making me a grandmother again! New Year's Eve is the big due date...I need to now quilt this! Maybe tomorrow I'll pick up some thread and get it done! Her baby shower is in two weeks!

And while I'm in the sewing room...I decide I should get out my umbrella swift and yarn winder and cake up some yarn for future projects...


Yummy Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool for a wrap.

And while it's out I may as well cake up some Cascade 220...


and cast on for a felted wavy scarf. 9 feet of stockinette in my future on that one!

And hey...what about the lovely Malabrigo sock yarn sitting there...may as well cake that up too...


and cast on for the Swiss Cheese Scarf...compliments of Ravelry surfing.

And then Friday night....I did this...


it may be all put together yet this weekend.

But nope...I did NOT start a new sampler...no way....I have SOME willpower! ;o)

*Peace!

7 comments:

Robin said...

I think it is true that creative minds are seldom tidy and that is why we jump from project to project and it makes perfect sense to do so!

Erin in MI said...

Oh my gosh Kim - I'm always amazed at the amount of work you are able to accomplish, even if you are "restraining" yourself! LOL Keep it up, you're doing great! And congrats on the new baby coming :)

Margaret said...

lol! Good for you for not starting a sampler! Love what you did instead! You needed to make that baby quilt anyway, right? And everything else looks so pretty! I especially like the looks of that swiss cheese scarf -- cool pattern and lovely yarn!

Jackie said...

Oh what the heck - go for it!!! What's one more?! I'm really trying to get caught up on some things but it's the time of year for me when it all comes to a screeching halt due to holiday activities.

Catherine said...

Whoo-hoo! Congras on another new one in the family!

You've been busy, busy!! Love all your goodies!

SilkLover said...

Yummy yarns! And I love that Swiss Cheese Scarf. How fun!

carol fun said...

I laughed as I read that you restrained yourself from starting a new sampler but then started something else -- this is my exact thought process - LOL! Creativity can't follow any arbitrary rules, can it? Have fun with all your projects --