Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pluggin' Along...

Slowly but surely I've been plugging along. Most productive this past weekend. I got a couple more Farmers Wife quilt blocks done.


I love both of these blocks!

I really like this one...


and could see an entire quilt of this block. Simple half square triangles.

If you've been reading my blog for very long, then you've heard me say I'm not planning to piece any where NEAR all of the blocks in the Farmers Wife quilt. My blog-buddy Deb twisted my arm to do this block of the month to begin with. She DID! Don't deny it Deb! I've got pictures of the bruises! ;o) She is kicking butt on her blocks and faithfully piecing each one. She will have a beautimus quilt when it's all said and done. I have decided if I don't like the block, whether it's the construction or if I just think it's ugly, I'm not sewing it. I'm being selective!


For that reason, I will have a smaller quilt, which is fine with me since it's a sampler block quilt. AND for that reason, I am getting quite the new little stash of civil war repros and Jo Morton prints...


oooh! aaaaah! I'm already pondering what to make out of the 'leftovers'! Time will tell!

Being the disciplined sampler stitcher that I am (ahem...yeah...) I have stayed true to my decision to not start anything new at this time, and instead have been focusing on Ann Rayner.


Making progress no doubt! I got all the flower buds stitched on the right side of the green outer border.


I also have the larger sheep stitched down in the lawn, though you can't see them very clearly at this point! I've also stitched in the flower buds in the lawn. I need to get the stems done...


and then do the over-one sheep and then fill in the grass! I need to get the over-one done too because since it's that time of the year for a tree to sprout up in the living room, I need to deconstruct my fav' stitching corner so the upheaval could have some repercussions on stitching progress! If it's just grass fill-in left, I can do that in any light I think. Must get that over-one done!!!

I don't think I mentioned it on the blog, but I was "asked" to come back to the office full-time until at least mid-January. Reluctantly, and fighting back a tear or seventeen, I agreed. *SIGH* Something about end of year madness.....

Good news is the full-time pay returns, so I suppose it's not all bad. This is my first full week back...and so I'm truly just pluggin' along! If you want to send me peppy vibes to get thru the week, I'll welcome them! ;o)

*Peace!

12 comments:

Jan said...

My peppy vibes are all yours, dear Kimmie!!

I love your quilt blocks, they are beautiful, as I know your finished quilt will be beautiful, no matter how small it turns out to be.

And yes, Ann Raynor is worthy to be focused on, so keep up the great work...I can almost imagine her in her new lovely coat of a frame you will pick out!:)

Have a great week and get some extra rest!

KathieB said...

Ann Rayner is looking good. Maybe you'll inspire me to pick up the sampler that I was 2/3 into when I lost interest about 20 years ago. It's around here somewhere...

Sylvia said...

Oh dear, full-time work. No fun!! But yes, I hope the $$ makes up for it a bit. Hang in there, it will be over soon. Love, love, love your Ann Rayner. You are so close to being finished!!

Margaret said...

Bummer about the full time but at least the money is good, right? And it's temporary too. You can do it! Love your FW blocks. Very pretty! I think you're smart to do just the ones you want to. Ann is gorgeous! I really need to stitch her sometime. I have way too many of those "need to stitch sometime" projects. lol! Good luck with the full time!

Deb said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so happy to see you working on the FW quilt again. I thought that I'd lost my partner in crime. I'm doing the happy dance because yesterday I got November's blocks done - just in a nick of time. They're easy peasey honestly! LOL And I can't believe that you told everyone that I left bruises! LOL

Love, love your Ann Rayner - every time you post it I keep thinking that I need to start it - scroll rods are ready - but I get lazy and don't.

And boo on going full time for a while, but when you think of it, that comes at a good time and all considering the holidays. Perhaps with the extra money you can buy some quilty goodness for yourself!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Oh hell! Full-time employment?? It stinks! When o when will you find the time to work? LOL!
Sending fabulous working vibes your way...but only til mid-January!

Catherine said...

Your quilt will be fabulous! And Ann is coming along!

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts with this whole work thing - how dare they ask you when you have so many great stitchy projects!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Peppy vibes to you from the peppiest old girl you know!!! Extra days = extra money!! That helps!! And the Ann Raynor is really beautiful ~ that was a big task to take on ~ only you could squeeze that in while making a pile of quilts!!! You're a wonder, woman!!!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I love your FW blocks too. Sadly I've put my blocks aside to concentrate on the Civil War Tribute BOM.
Ann R. looks fabulous.
I feel your pain about having to go back to work full-time. You'll enjoy getting to spend that extra money though.

Sherry said...

Sending some peppy vibes your way!

Ann Raynor is coming along beautifully! And I love your quilt blocks.

Sherry :o) said...

I think the dedication and progress you have made on Ann Raynor is absolutely paying off - she is pretty!

I see Deb at Sampler Guild about every month and we chat it up about FW BOM - I think you gals are brave, I tell ya! I will have to inquire about the bruises - she seems so nice LOL!

Good luck with full-time. The next month and a half I go from 40 - 42 hours per week to about 50 between inventory, year end, w-2's etc...but it's a job and I'm thankful to have it.

Katrina said...

Love the quilt squares and Ann is gorgeous :-). I am sure you will miss the Monday's off but like you said the pay is good.