Monday, October 11, 2010

Worthy of the Wood?


Aaaah...what a lovely sight! Empty 10.5 Lantern Moon circulars. This can only mean one thing. The 3 Way Wrap has been bound off.


Oooh isn't it lovely!? ha! Honestly right now it looks like a really really looooong rectangle with rolling edges and I don't know how in the world this could be an attractive accessory! But I will hold out hope....hope that blocking will work it's magic.

I hope it does, because I found the most gorgeous buttons for this 3 Way Wrap.


LOVE these!!!! Seriously love.

I got them on etsy.....from this seller...


I think they'll be the perfect earthy touch and will really pop off of that dusky blue.


Yes...I'm holding out hope that blocking will make this in to something wearable and worthy of the buttons!

We shall see....

*Peace!

7 comments:

Cari-in-VA said...

Congratulations on finishing - I am sure the blocking will do wonders. Oh, those buttons are so cool!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Is this one of those funky shawls that you can wear a variety of stylish ways? I have one I bought ~ and I do love it!! I'll be waiting! The buttons is what made me decide that's what you just created!!

Catherine said...

Love everyhing I am seeing about this - the color, the buttons.......aaaahhhh....the warmth and coziness!!

Cari said...

I love the color of this fiber and I love your button choice!! Can't wait to see it blocked and around your shoulders!! Hugs

Margaret said...

Oh so pretty!!! Love the buttons, and the knitting too! Can't wait to see it all finished up!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Worthy, indeed! Nice! That fabric in the background - love it. Looks like something Sara would use in 'her' House!

woolwoman said...

LOVE IT KIM !! - I've been waiting to see some knitting - this is your DB Cashmerino if I am remembering correctly! Love her soft blue and I am not even a blue person. Those buttons are awesome - I bought one huge button very similar to these from our LYS - she bought them from a turner who makes buttons in various sizes out of exotic woods - speaking of exotic wood - aren't those Destiny circs the best on earth! I love and treasure every pair - they've never been available in my area so I nab a pair every time I run across them. So what's next on the knitting needles? Good luck with the blocking. Mel