Thursday, October 21, 2010

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program...

Hey...it's Thursday! Typically it's Thrifty Thursday! And I apologize to those of you who come seeking pics of my latest thrifty finds. But I've been under the weather the past few days...holed up in the house, and have not even set foot in a thrift store in over a week! Now you KNOW I don't feel well if I'm not even thrift shopping!

Yesterday I finally picked up a needle, the first creative thing I've done since Monday morning's little doll quilt. Don't you hate that when you don't feel well, you're home from work, and you're not doing anything fun? I hate that! So was glad to get back to some needling finally.

Ann Rayner had my attention...


and here is my progress. She's coming along. Slowly but surely!

I'm back to work and dealing with all the fun that ensues at the office (ha!) today, so Thrifty Thursday has been pre-empted. I'm sure I'll get out and about in the next few days and then I'll just be springing a thrifty post on you when you least expect it!

Have a great day!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh bummer! I hope you're feeling better despite having to go back to work. Being sick is such a bummer. It's obvious you were really under the weather -- no thrifting is a sure sign! lol! I love your Ann -- she is so amazing!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather Kim. I'm sure having to go back to the office isn't going to make you feel better.
Ann is looking glorious.

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear that you have been feeling so poorly that you couldn't even do anything fun while at home - it must have been bad!

Ann looks wonderful and I'm glad you are on the mend!

Beth said...

That stinks being sick! It's no fun having to stay home and you're too sick to have fun! I hope you get better really soon! Your Ann Rayner is coming along nicely, you stitch the nicest samplers, I always enjoy seeing what you're working on!

Cari-in-VA said...

Oh, I hate using my sick days when I am sick. I think of them as mental health days - ie stay at home and stitch :-)

Hope you are fully recovered!

Ann is coming along wonderfully!

Deb said...

Hope you're feeling better Kim!! :o) You made wonderful progress on Ann while you weren't feeling well. At least stitching doesn't take too much effort, right???

Hope there's not a huge backlog at work!!

Meari said...

Love, love, love the colors!

Hope you feel better soon.

valerie said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your Ann Rayner is looking great so far...wonderful progress!

Katrina said...

Hope you are feeling better!!! I hate being sick. Love your Ann Rayner, she's so gorgeous and the colors are pretty.

Jan said...

Your sampler is lovely. Some day I would love to make one. Sorry that you are under the weather, but I'll bet that it's nice to have something soothing like this to work on.