Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Right on schedule...another Thrifty Thursday! YAY! I finally got out to one of my favorite G'Willy haunts after work last night. Ran in to a pal..chit-chatted (Hi Steph!) and then trolled the aisles.

And what would a Thrifty Thursday be without a little pyrex??


Yes it's true. I picked up some more Pyrex. I can't pass it by when it's the mixing bowls....buck-fifty.

And another dish fetish that's beginning...


FireKing........*sigh* But look..it's RED! And they are in perfect condition.

And the price was right...


And they're smaller than some of my other bowls, yet larger than the berry bowls I have...so went my explanation to the hubs when he raised his eyebrows over yet more bowls! I love these. I will secretly be hoping to find more FireKing in this colorway. Ssssshhhhh.....don't tell. I already have some of the milky white FireKing. And would probably keel over if I ran across the Jadeite.

My constant attention to the curtain rod barrel finally paid off! I just knew one day I would find a cool something or other in there. And look what was waiting for me....


I'm told by the hunting hubs that this is a wood duck. I replied "Well that makes perfect sense since it IS carved out of WOOD." Ahem...he didn't see the humor....imagine! But..this wood duck made of wood sits atop...


this great cane! Some that know me (hello Blogless Kimm!) know that any year I go to the arts festival, I go in search of a new carved walking stick. I have a small collection...he will fit in nicely! Excited to find a unique piece, even if it was $5!

And another unique piece...


a little sequined/beaded shell tiny little handbag.


NOT made in China....and it was two bucks!


Looks kinda vintage, though I don't believe it is. Not something I see every day at G'Willy's!

Great finds...I think it's because I didn't get a chance to get out last week. The Thrifty Universe is taking pity and I reaped the rewards! Did you get out and about and bring home any good finds? Would love to hear about them!

Have a great Thursday!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Dona said...

More fun finds! I have little clear Fire King bowls that were my grandmother's and love them!

Margaret said...

Very nice! Love the walking stick and the purse. Those old evening purses are so neat.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I've not been out in over two months. But I can tell you that I have the very same pyrex bowl with the little green flowers that was a wedding present in 1973 :-) I found a yellow fireking bowl one time, and we've used it over and over. Love your treasures.

Terrie - The Stitch Store said...

I love looking at your finds. I look forward to next Thursday!

Tolentreasures said...

Great finds! Love those little bowls!

Cathy

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Wow - you have a great thrift store! I would have loved any one of those purses.