Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Hello and Happy Thrifty Thursday!!! A quick stop last night on the way home, and $7.95 later....


Just a few things! The pottery piece to the left...was the most expensive piece at $3.50. I've spotted these at the Sidewalk Arts festival..in the pottery booths..and they say you can bake bread in them. I just think it's a nifty container! Don't know that I will bake bread in it though!

Look! My summer decorating is coming together...


Two bucks for 8 flags! These are going to be paired up with the baseballs for a great summer piece! But you'll have to wait until next summer, when we're back to the days of baseball, apple pie, summertime and flags!

Another piece of ironstone...


I have a weak spot for transferware...red transferware...blue transferware...more recently brown transferware. And this multi-color just appeals to me too! Go figure!


It was fifty cents.

And...


Marked 'Japan' and it was a buck fifty. Just thought it was fun..and who can't use a funky chicken! He will reside in the quilt studio...where other funky things are.

I will be on the lookout this weekend for some of those foam interlocking 'puzzle' type things...the things you interlock to make a squishy mat for kids. Not for Avery..but for blocking my knitting! I'm sure I've seen these for cheap at one of the stores I frequent...and so I will be on the lookout so I can block that 3 Way Wrap! But you know how it goes when you're actually LOOKING for something....it never appears! Hopefully that won't be the case!

Have you been out and about thrifting this week?

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

My favorite is the rooster for sure!

Catherine said...

Love the bread piece! And yes, that is some funky rooster - you'll have to share a pic of him when you get him placed in your quilt room!

Sheila said...

It all looks great. Love it

Cari said...

My favorite is the rooster too!! He makes me happy!! Hugs

theodora said...

i always love to look at your great buys and by the way I will be going to the fleamarket this sunday we don't have thrift stores over here,I hope the wheather will be nice ,that is it won't be rainy, stop over to see my loot after I post it.

Mickey Depre said...

we are seperated at birth...just sayin.

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, my mom had an entire set of those dishes. Now you're making me wonder if she still has them or if she gave them to my sister. But does that dish bring back memories!!!

Erin in MI said...

Great finds Kim! I was able to finally find a gravy boat this weekend. I've been looking for one of those forever! Oh, and a second Mexican vase, too - thrilled! Keep up the wonderful posts :)