Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

It's Thrifty Thursday! And time to run down my finds from this week! These were all acquired during my outing with my best junkin' pal, Blogless Kimm (Hi Kimm!). We set out on Saturday for a fun day of junkin' and lunchin'. We tend to do this about 3, 4 or 6 times a year. It's great fun because we just grab what captures our attention, and then we take the time to bounce ideas off of each other...and pare down a lot of the stuff we thought we needed or liked. Always more fun to go junkin' with a fellow thrifty decor lover!

Here's what made the cut on Saturday.


All in all a nice day and $30 was spent. A day at the mall wouldn't have been nearly as fun, and would have been much costlier! I'll take junkin' over the mall any day!

I couldn't believe my luck in finding TWO more porringers for the collection!


I spotted the small one at our first stop, and then Kimm spotted the big one at our next stop! They were a dollar each, as was the blue Mexican pottery plate in the background.

And there was vintage glass....


A lovely vintage vase, and two vintage glass open sugars....two bucks apiece! Nary a chip! Also for two bucks, the large yellow painted ceramic/pottery vase. Loved the color..have some other items in that same hue. For $1.25 the Susan Branch Summer cookbook came home, and up in that first shot...off to the right. A bag of baseballs for $3.99 and the HUMONGOUS glass hurricane they're in at the moment was just $3.00! That sucker is HUGE! A nice find, and Kimm assured me it will be wonderful with a candle...perhaps outdoors on a patio or picnic table. Of course that season is almost behind us, but I'll be ready!

Perhaps the oddest purchase...and the most expensive at $5.00, even my junkin' pal questioned this one. LOL


It's THE FAT LADY!....SINGING!!! Oh so colorful! Forget that ugly mauve frame....


It's a signed and numbered Bob Holloway print! Didn't take me long...


she's free of the mauve frame and ready for a new frame! She will look completely different and updated and funky by the time I'm done with her! She makes me smile...and I love her dress. ;o)

And so...the Fat Lady is SINGING...and we're done with another Thrifty Thursday post. Selective treasures this week, which is a good thing!

Thanks so much for dropping by!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Who's Bob Holloway? :D Love the print -- it's fun, no matter who Bob is. I love that yellow vase too! Great finds, all of them! And great that you got to do the thrifty shopping with your friend!

Cari said...

Great finds Kim...my personal favorite is the fat lady singing !! You have a great eye. I wouldn't have gotten past the ugly mauve frame! LOL You go girl!! Hugs

Cathy said...

Ahh you two girls did great!! Isn't junking fun doing it with someone else who loves it? Sadly we have a wonderful huge shed near us full of junk and sometimes treasure that is about to be pulled down. Ah the times we have spent in there!!! Love the fat lady especially sans frame! xo

Catherine said...

I absolutely love the Fat Lady Singing!! Can't wait to see how you spruce her up!

Baseballs?? With three baseball playing boys, I have a garage full - I can send you some anytime! They even have some where they were practicing their autographs for when they become baseball stars!

Cari-in-VA said...

Great finds, but I really LOVE the fat lady - she's wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with her.

Erin in MI said...

Ooooh, great find Kim! I especially like the Mexican plate - but that's probably because I've been finding the Mexican vases at my Goodwill lately...Sounds like you had a great day!

Sylvia said...

Gotta love that fat lady. Too funny. Can't wait to see her all updated.

Michelle said...

Love the fat lady. Too funny!

mac said...

I would love to see the Fat Lady's new home.
She is funky :-)

Dona said...

I love the Fat Lady Singing! And the cut glass sugar bowl is so cute. Great finds!

mugsbigsis said...

Love the way you think. I also love her Italian marble painted skirt. (First time on your blog) :O)