Monday, October 04, 2010

Productive Preparedness

I've been somewhat of a slug today, not really feeling like I did much of anything. But when I look back on the day, I did do some prep work for upcoming quilts. So I can say I engaged in Productive Preparedness!

A while back I brought home several yards of this great Jo Morton print.


No idea what I was going to do with it, but knew I needed some. Because you just never know when inspiration will strike!

Back to this book....


and I found my inspiration!


Isn't it lovely? A strippy nine patch...doesn't get much simpler...but it's all the yummy prints that make it!

So...downstairs I trekked and pulled from stash for this one.


I think they'll work nicely! Still need to pull a medium-light or three, but otherwise this one is ready for cutting!


So I guess I was a little productive! Setting the stage for the next project, and being a nine-patch..and a strippy setting...well....I'm guessing there will be completion in the next week. I love it when a plan comes together! (Did I really just quote a line from Hannibal Smith/the A-Team?)

And just a reminder if you'd like to receive my lovingly used chart for this


(Moira Blackburn's Time And Season Sampler), just leave a comment here. to be included in the drawing. I'll be drawing a winner on Wednesday.

Thanks for visiting!

*Peace!

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

That is going to be one yummy quilt. Love the colors.

Kathie said...

you are going to laugh but that is the reason I bought that bird toile too for THAT quilt!
its one of my favorite books...
Kathie

Siobhan said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt! I love the sampler that your friend gave you. :)

Tolentreasures said...

Love your colors as always! You have to have those preparing days every now and then!

Cathy

Margaret said...

Oh how funny! I had to get some of that Jo Morton print as well! lol! I love the fabrics you pulled for this quilt -- it'll be gorgeous!

Cari-in-VA said...

love the colors! Can't wait to see how quickly you put this one together - enjoy your day, Kim.

ohiofarmgirl said...

Love the new material and I might have to go find that booK!Please add me to your give away...love the chart. Dianntha

Catherine said...

I am loving the colors of this quilt - especially this time of the year.

schnoobie said...

OHHH YEAAH... fabrics are lookin waaay juicy..the Jo Morton print looks like a ton of Fabrics Lee Jofa at the Mart carried ( block prints)... cant wait to see progress .... and I think I NEED that book... I'm not sure I've ever seen it before.... thanks a lot! heh heh

woolwoman said...

That is a lucious Jo Morton fabric - it makes me somewhat sorry I passed up on getting into the Little Women club that just started up at the LQS - oh well - since I am not really a quilter - I thought I needed to pass LOL - Love the plans for the quilt - ooh la la - fabric is gorgeous! I have the MB Time and Season but thanks for giving to some lucky stitcher. Doing any knitting? Mel

Jan said...

Beautiful fabrics pulled; oh, that Jo piece in brown is gorgeous. The Folk Art book is a good one. I think it's pretty obscure, but has some great quilts in it. A new project...what fun!

jz said...

I would love to see your stash....I think I have lots of fabric, but it will never compare with what you must have. Also love the fact that you do stitchery, too. Your new quilt project looks great.