Monday, October 18, 2010

Leftovers With My Morning Coffee


Color me Quilt Happy! It's a grand Monday morning, and I've spent the last couple of hours enjoying leftovers with my morning cup o'joe!

Yesterday, I was enjoying Jan's latest post over at What A Load of Scrap and admiring her little doll quilt and thought "Hey! I've got a bunch of leftover pieces I could do this with!"

So last night...needing an outlet for my grief over the Cowboys loss (*SIIIIGH*), I headed down to bury my sorrows in some quilt scraps. I had these leftovers...


rejects, if you will...somewhat imperfect little half square triangle segments. I added some leftover strips from my recent strippy nine patch....


such a simple quilt! This morning I got up, filled my cup, and headed downstairs to dig thru batting scraps. Found one large enough, and whipped this thru the Bernina with some simple quilting lines.


I dug thru leftover binding strips....combined two for a scrappy binding, and in no time, I had the handwork of the binding done too!


What addicting little quilts these could be! And all from leftovers!

Yep...I'm Quilt Happy this morning. It's going to be a great Monday! Enjoy yours!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

How cute!!! Love those little quilts!!

Molly said...

Very cute, you inspire me with all your good ideas and color choices.
Where do you go junk/trash shopping?
Would love to hit some of those places.

schnoobie said...

that's what a MONDAY needs!!!
LOVE IT!!!
Quilting a baby quilt for Jan this am.... It's all ONE BIG HAPPY CYBER QUILTING NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

Margaret said...

Amazing!! I just love this quilt! It's so colorful and pretty! And you whip it out like no one's business. lol! You're amazing, like I said.

Jennifer said...

Your quilt is so cute! And just the right cure for another Dallas loss. Looks like it is going to be a loooooong season. Pfft!

Cari said...

Well ain't you sumpin' ?? LOL You are AMAZING. I love the little quilt. It is wonderful. Hugs

Karol said...

Very cute! I can see that Ms. Avery's little dolls will stay quit warm with Grandma's new creation.

Siobhan said...

That is soooo sweet, Kim! You'll have to do some matching doll and little cutie quilts for Avery and her dolls as she gets older. ;)

Taryn said...

Great fabrics. Do you have photos of the projects where these leftovers came from? What size is your little quilt?

Jan said...

How fun to see that something I made could be inspiring! I'm just tickled to see your beautiful little quilt!