Sunday, October 31, 2010

Going Green!

It's been all about going green lately!

This poor lone sock has been wondering where the heck it's mate is.


So I pulled out the other Green w/Envy sock and have been knitting. I'm almost ready for the heel flap. There is progress!


And the whole time I'm knitting, I'm thinking of these...


I pulled a slew of greens for the next quilt. No pattern in mind. But the hubs keeps commenting that there's no GREEN in my quilts lately. His favorite color...go figure. So I plan to make a green quilt...nothing fancy, because 'going green' isn't necessarily about going fancy...it's about making do..right? So I'm thinking of a simple quilt that will be GREEN and will read as a plain green quilt for the bed. I've already decided the tans will not be in this quilt. I'm looking for a 'blank canvas' type of quilt...not really patchworky. That's not my 'norm', so we'll see how it goes.

And speaking of 'going green'...LOOK what I FOUND yesterday at the thrift store!


YES!! I was so excited to see this bag! Now I have cheap interlocking foam mats for blocking my knitting!

I'm thoroughly enjoying 'Going Green' this weekend! :o)

*Peace!

5 comments:

carol fun said...

Great score at the thrift store! I've been thinking about getting some of these foam squares for blocking too. Your green sock is gorgeous and I always feel like I'm in the home stretch after I get the heel done - Happy stitching!

Cari said...

I love, love, love that green ENVY yarn! It makes me happy !! I'm looking forward to your newest quilt...you're amazing!! Hugs

Margaret said...

Nice socks -- love the color! Love those fabrics too! And love the foam for your blocking -- yay!

Tolentreasures said...

Good for you...on the find, the sock and the quilt. I am knitting hats again, can't make myself go back to socks.

Cathy

Beth said...

I bought some of that yarn when I saw it on your blog, I still haven't done anything with it, I need to come up with a really basic sock pattern.