Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blame It On The Pumpkins

Blame it on the pumpkins...or maybe blame it on the fact that I'm being haunted by leftover bolts of Moda Bella Solids....namely one rather bright one called Betty's Orange. Whatever we blame it on, I've had this urge to do something with orange. Yes...ORANGE. It's not cheddar...it's not gold...believe me...it is ORANGE.

So I pulled some fabrics last night to audition...


Basic color wheel sense here....counter the orange with blue! And who doesn't love blue!?

I'm liking it...


and now that I know what I'm going to do with them....the pattern, and how many blocks I will need, I've had to make some cuts in the blue crowd.

These will work nicely!


They all get along so well! I can't wait to get this one together! But first...I'm off for errands and lunch with a pal! Hoping to get lots of sewing in later this afternoon and evening!

Have a great autumn day!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

This looks like it will be a fun quilt! Can't wait to see more!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love this combination!!! Can't wait to see it ~ that will probably be tomorrow!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous colors, reminds me of the Denver Broncos :-).

mrae said...

Great Colors!! Looking forward to finished quilt pic!!!

Cari said...

Wow oh WOW....I'm so looking forward to seeing more!! Have fun !

Kathy said...

I love, love those blues. I'm a fabric junky and wish i were a quilter!