Sunday, October 03, 2010

Aaaaah...an autumnal weekend!

Good morning and Happy Sunday! Are you enjoying an autumnal weekend? I certainly am!

The weekend was kicked off with a visit from Miss Avery! Mommy & Daddy had date night, so Grams got to enjoy her smiles!


She's getting so big! Such a pleasant calm girl she is! They are so lucky!! It's so nice to have that smell of 'baby' around again! :o)

Saturday most of the day was spent with my pal, Blogless Kimm (Hi Kimm!). We enjoyed a wonderful day of junkin' and a fabulous leisurely lunch. I'll share junkin' finds most likely on Thursday, but let me just say...porringers and glass. Go figure! ;o) And speaking of glass...the glass of pinot grigio at lunch had me fighting off the urge to nap, but I gave in and enjoyed a late afternoon siesta. It was a nice day!

Today I'm reveling in all the signs of autumn!


I pulled pumpkins from the back and have them out front now. Don't you love the colors of the season?


Leaves have blown into the twig wreath that hangs on the front of the house...a nice accent!

And I have pulled out my fav' seasonal candle...


Mmmmmm!

Oh there are other 'signs of the season' inside too...


compliments of the pups. Although Sam is denying any involvement...


he's blaming it on our canine swiffer...


Emmitt, who of course denies, denies, denies. I love the crunch of autumn leaves underfoot...just not in the house! LOL

Today...I think I'll be baking cookies....and working on Ann Rayner.


I worked on her a bit last night while watching The Blind Side. Awesome movie!

I also may just venture out for some muslin so I can get back downstairs and get the next quilt cut out...


because these are colors of the season as well!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Erin in MI said...

Sounds like a productive weekend Kim! We watched Blind Side last night, too - was heppily surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It rained all day for us yesterday, but today came up bright sunshine and 50's - gorgeous weekend to pull a quilt out and work on some handquilting while watching football with DH.

Melissa said...

Well,such cuties on your post today. First your lovely Miss Avery of course and she does look like she's growing up quickly. At that age they seem to change every day!

And then your dogs! I laughed at both pictures. The one of Emmit with his ears stitching out - "who me?"

Great photos, Kim! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Margaret said...

I think you have the perfect arrangement -- Avery just on date nights for her parents. You get some baby, but not full time. lol! She is sooooo cute! Love all the fallness -- of course the little ones will deny tramping leaves in. My son does the same thing. :D Love the colors of your next quilt project. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be!

Deb said...

Sounds like you're having the best weekend. Miss Avery is adorable, and she's growing like a weed!!!

I'm loving all the fallness too. There is nothing better than fall colors, rustling leaves and the smell of burning leaves. It almost can't get any better than that! Oh, well, maybe the pot of soup I have going! Ymmmm.

Katrina said...

Sounds like a nice weekend to me. Avery is such a cutie :-).

Love Ann!!!! And the quilt fabric is gorgeous.

Myra said...

Miss Avery sure is a cutie! I stitched while watching The Blind Side last night too. I just love that movie. Great photos of autumn and the furbabies.

Cari-in-VA said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Kim. Avery is just the cutest thing!

Catherine said...

Great goodies all around - but the best by far is Miss Avery, what a cutie-patootie!! Oh, the baby smell, now that my oldest boy is a pre-teen, I sure do miss that smell!