Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Hello, good morning, and Happy Thursday to you!! It's that time where I fess up to what came home with me from thrift shopping this past week! Two very nice finds to share with you today!

You know I like pewter...and so it makes sense that I would have several pieces of Wilton Armetale. And now I have another piece!


Isn't it lovely? It's a tray...in the acanthus pattern! I already have the small version of this piece, so was thrilled to bring home this one too!

And what a deal!


SCORE!

And then....


I jumped on this!


I mean...how could I not!? And of course this caused the hubs to ask me if I was cornering the market on lettuce/cabbage pieces. YES! YES I think I will do that. I love lettuce and cabbage pieces. Once I give it a good cleaning, it will fit in nicely with the other two I found on thrifty outings...


Aaaah...now I have three. It's official...a collection is born! ;o)

What's your favorite/most unusual collection? Would love to know!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just found your blog. I collect Christmas Ornaments and Cookbooks. I see that you knit and quilt. Two things I'm really interested in trying to learn. I cross stitch already. Money is tight right now for me so I'm still in the planning stages of a quilt - and I'll probably have to buy a little at a time to get started but here is a question - how do you know two materials will go together in the same quilt and not look funny? Also I read the post about your friend starting to cross stitch after a break - does she have a blog so we can cheer her on? What is she stitching first? Thanks! Sherry

Deb said...

Cool finds once again Kim! I guess we all know that I love, love those flower frogs, but now I'm going into pincushions and some other things. It's always a fun moment when you spy something that you like!

Catherine said...

I love, love, love the cabbage/lettuce pieces!! As always, great finds!

theodora said...

thats a mighty fine thrift shop you go to,all of your finds are grand I think you just have the nack for it,I love the lettuce ceramic looks like a serving pot for maybe soup I think, enyway it will be great with the other two.

Margaret said...

Love both pieces! The lettuce/cabbage collection is fun!

Cari-in-VA said...

What wonderful finds this week, Kim! Love, love your newest collection - collection #48? (jk) You inspire me to stop my local GW - it's been too long.

Enjoy your day.

Jan said...

The cabbage pieces are great, and look so nice together!

Sherry said...

Oh Kim, so many collections that I feel like I collect collections! LOL I love scissors, cookbooks, depression glass, baskets and on and on...love your finds this week.

Jeanne said...

Nice treasure find again Kim. Your quilt basket blocks are coming along great. I cannot believe you stitching ATS. I have seen it done in person a couple times at needlework shows. Luckily for me, I don't do A&E samplers so I won't be tempted LOL. But I have no doubt you'll 'git er done'. :)

Laura said...

I love unusual collections! I have a neighbor who collects antique medicine droppers. I don't know how she started collecting them or why but they are interesting to look at.