Thursday, September 09, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

Another week...another load of loot. Do you get tired of reading this on Thursday? I'm thinking of doing away with the whole Thrifty Thursday and just blogging about my thrift finds whenever the heck I want to! Would you mind? Hmmm...I'll have to ponder that.

Okay...one stop...at the YMCA sponsored thrift store. And look what I came home with!


A nice little Indigo Moon creamer for .99! I have several pieces of Indigo Moon. LOVE the color so very much! It's captured under a CLOCHE! A real live CLOCHE for .79. SEVENTY NINE CENTS. I could have stopped right there and been a happy camper. I do love cloches!

But look what I've got the cloche resting on...


Such a lovely Homer Laughlin platter! I do love this pattern and will need to do some research to find out about it, because I might need more of it! Have I mentioned before I have a thing for vintage dishes? ;o)

And then found this nice cake pedestal!


It's a smaller size than the others I have, and it has some character in the sawtooth border, the bubble pattern underneath...$2.50.

And in case I've never mentioned it, I do like vintage dishes! And found these lovely fruit plates...


Love the red and white! and they were cheap. Plates don't take up too much room, and I do plan to hang these, so they will take up even less space in the cabinets! ;o)


Then my inner Alma aka Blackbird Designs squealed with delight over this little piece.
The age...the color...the cracks...love it all!


Again, I'll have to do some research on this backstamp and see how old it is, etc just because I like to know this stuff! :o)


And then there were pictures. A nice little haul!


This little one is someone's handwork. It was in a grab bag for .68. The rest of the things in the grab bag were disposed of. I just wanted this little drawing! It's wonderful!



And then there's this....


It's signed...
and yellow. and black. and I loved it.


because it goes with a couple little things I picked up earlier at that estate sale..the one with the quilts. Look.


What do you call these? Tipped? Tinted? I don't know. But when I saw the framed piece, I immediately thought of these two pieces waiting to be framed. I thought of painting the yellow frame black, because I intend to get the other two prints framed in black. But Avery's mom, Amber, says she likes the yellow. I don't know. I might have to rub a black stain on it...darken it up a bit. It's framed wonderfully with a linen mat. $5.99.

And then this piece...my next project...


another great folk art print. And this one is DEFINITELY getting a frame makeover...red to black. Maybe even today!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice finds as usual. I think if you want to do Thrifty posts whenever you want, it's just fine. Makes sense to me!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Aha! You're feeling boxed in, aren't you ~ having to blog every Thursday!!! You should do what makes you feel good ~ what makes you happy ~ what works for you!! There ~ does that help? Love the bell jar!

Laurie in Iowa said...

You always seem to find nice stuff. I especially like the red and white fruit plates. Can't wait to see what you do with the frames.

Loraine said...

By all means blog about your finds when you find them! I love reading your posts. I especially love the vintage folk art find. So cute! Your dishes are fab too.
I've been going to the thrift store every Thursday while DD is at ballet. I've only found a few things worth buying, but you never know right?
Take Care.

Twyla said...

you must keep doing thrifty thursday!!! I love it....

Meari said...

OK, what is a cloche? I like the sound of Thrifty Thursday :) Nice haul you picked up!

Cari said...

I love seeing your finds...and Kim, you can post them any darn time you want to!! I love reading your blog anytime!! Hugs

Beth said...

While Thrifty Thursday sounds cute, I love reading about your finds any day of the week. I love your little framed folkart, so cute! It will look great in a black frame! you find some of the neatest stuff!

Kim said...

Hmmm I think sandwich the yellow frame between the two blacks ones on the wall and they'll all pop!

Catherine said...

You've done it again! I love the creamer and that little handmade picture!!

I say post your finds when you want - whatever is easier for you - I'm still reading know matter when you post them!

KathieB said...

Quite a haul! You must have some very good sources out there in SD. I can't resist vintage china either.