Saturday, September 25, 2010

Play Day

Today was a Play Day for me! I met a friend for lunch (Hi Karen!) and we lingered over a lovely lunch at Johnny Carino's. Then we headed to Michael's to get a hoop, and other things. You see, Karen has decided she wants her own sampler wall, and has picked up the needle after about a 20 year hiatus. I had to help get her stocked and ready! And she is now ready! So exciting to have another stitching buddy!

After our foray at Michael's, we headed to Barnes & Noble, where we took our sweet ol' time leafing thru quilt, knitting and stitching magazines. Great fun! I was good and only came home with one magazine...Knits Weekend. It had some great projects I hope to knit!

Before we knew it, it was 4:00 (we started at 11:30)..and so we went our separate ways and headed for home.

I spent some time with the hubs, driving thru neighborhoods and looking at homes for sale. We're in the market...so the fun begins!

Once home, we had dinner and then I headed down to the quilt den.

To play.

With fabric.


This is the stack of fat eighths I'm working with for the Farmers Wife Quilt blocks so far. Another bundle should be arriving in the next week, so I needed to get some more blocks pieced.


This is just a sampling of the blocks I've completed. I do not plan on making this queen size...but rather a nice large lap/small twin, so I'm being selective in the blocks I do. You know what that means?? I'm SURE to have lots of fabric leftovers! I am loving the fabrics that Primitive Gatherings has been sending, so am just super excited about using them in another scrap quilt!

And speaking of scrap quilts....I played with the stash a little and pulled for a new quilt.


I need some regular ol' muslin though, so will have to get that before I can start this one! Another one for the drawing board!

I love play days!!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Siobhan said...

Ooooh, sweeeeeet fabrics! I love your quilt blocks. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the extra fabric!

Margaret said...

Sounds like a fun time with your friend Karen. Yay, another lapsed stitcher back to stitching! Love all your Farmer's Wife quilt blocks. So gorgeous!! Love the fabrics you pulled for a new quilt too! (House hunting, huh? Good luck!)

Catherine said...

I'm drooling all over my keyboard just looking at all your fabrics and thinking about a play day!

Good luck house hunting!

Glenna said...

I love the Farmer's Wife quilt blocks! The colors--ahhhhhh--perfect for fall.

SL's Parrot, Leopard, Lion: I pulled my own threads. It's 40 count navy bean (I think) with the AVAS (it's charted for AVAS and DMC).

Jan said...

Sounds like a great day, and I love your fabrics piled together - yum!

Katrina said...

Very pretty!!!! I actually have a few pieces of the same fabric :-).

Jackie said...

I really love the fabrics you've pulled for your next quilt! I'm always drawn to red and shades of red. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with them.

Deb said...

UGH Kim. Did you have to remind me that more FW fabrics are coming this week. I was caught up, but am now three months behind!!! I think that I need to get my butt in gear and pull those things out and get a cuttin'.

Karen said...

Hey! I started stitching! So far, so good... even for these old eyes. I think it's coming back to me and I'm loving it!

Love the new fabrics you pulled...

Sherry said...

The Farmer's Wife is coming along nicely!! Looks great!