Saturday, September 04, 2010

Luck of the Irish

Happy Saturday!!! Hope this finds you all thoroughly enjoying a fine Saturday...and a holiday weekend! Wooohoooo!

I've been busy today....in the sewing room and out of it. The weather here is absolutely perfect, so I did get out and about for a bit today running errands, picking up fixings for pie and such.

And a good part of my day has also been spent in the sewing room!


Working on the Irish Chain quilt...


and it's coming together nicely!


Absolutely loving these Moda Bella Solids. Everything is matching up, it was going along wonderfully!

And then just my luck.... AAAACK!


Empty bobbins!! *SIGH* That means I must stop...and wind, wind, wind.

I think it's a nice excuse to take a break and fix dinner. Not to mention the fact that I do not believe I have enough muslin to execute the border as the pattern shows...with a light stripe, a red stripe, and another light stripe. Sooooo...I will ponder that over dinner. Getting ready to go shuck some sweet corn and throw some ribeyes on the grill and enjoy this fabulous 70 degree weather!!

Here's where I left it...


Border of my own making? No border? Decisions Decisions! I will peruse Google Images at some other vintage irish chain quilts and try and decide what to do. I know I could wait and go get some more muslin, but heck...I've got things to do and I want this DONE! So I shall improvise! One way or another!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm really liking your Irish Chain quilt top. I have no border suggestions, but I do want to know how you plan to quilt this top. Do you have something special planned for the luscious open muslin areas of the quilt?

schnoobie said...

Looking good my friend!! You are always so productive....and thanks for the tip about google images...we will be waiting patiently for more quilt top pics and musical interludes!

KathieB said...

It's sensational!! You are one speedy sewer.

Siobhan said...

Wow, it looks great, Kim! You sure are zooming right along. Love, love, love that color combo!

Dianne said...

fantastic...as expected. i keep going back and forth with ideas for my border too. my inclination is to do no border, and then have a backing that is very "un"traditional in contrast to the top.

Margaret said...

How gorgeous is that! Wow! I can't wait to see what you decide to do for a border. :D We have fabulous (if windy) weather too!

Jackie said...

Your Irish Chain is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished.

Katrina said...

Oh wow, it's so pretty!!!! Love it.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Is the muslin to be the backing? I think a sweet, tiny red and white calico would be sweet, or a very subtle red toille? Perhaps a small, crisp version of that Three Sisters I see on your etsy??? Enjoy the long weekend - knowing you'll fill it with fun things!

Deb said...

I love your Irish Chain Kim sooo much. I can't believe how much you're getting done lately!! Like I said before, I'm jealous!!!

Cari said...

WOW OH WOW Kim....Love this quilt....great job!!!