Friday, September 10, 2010

Hip To Be Square...And A Little Spotty

I searched high and low, debated, decided, changed my mind, searched again....looking for a pattern that speaks to me to go with this lovely Amy Butler fabric...


the BACK of the quilt! I know...working backwards. Maybe that's why it was difficult to decide.

I ended up just believing Huey Lewis (& The News) and going with 4" cuts....and nothing but squares...


Because Huey says it's hip to be square. I think it works just fine! And for that unexpected bit of fun, the binding......


will be a little spotty!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

I like this combo!!! And I forgot - your lunch looked fantastic and I still have tons of tomatoes....maybe dinner idea is on the brain now...

Margaret said...

Are you kidding? It's perfect! With the square thing going on in the background of the Amy Butler fabric and the dots and -- I love it!!! Great stuff!

Myra said...

I think it is perfect Kim! You have a great eye for color.

Laurie in Iowa said...

That binding ties it all together. What a fun quilt.

Dianne said...

so cute :) just my style!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great combo, Missy!!!!