Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chill In The Air

There's a definite chill in the air here in South Dakota! Definite! But I don't mind...I love autumn!

Last night I finished piecing the latest quilt. Pics to come later. In addition to a chill in the air, it's been damp and no sun, so not the best setting for pics of this quilt! Soon though!

Today was spent doing some knitting this morning...


This afternoon after errands and such, I baked a banana cake.


So good! Like banana bread but more moist and in cake form! Recipe is here I typically use sour cream in place of the buttermilk and it is yum! No need for frosting on this one!

This evening I've spent solely with Ann Rayner.


She's over half done. If I would concentrate on one artistic endeavor (ie only sampler stitching!) I would get more done! It's either feast or famin though.....famin for a bit but then a feast of finished knitting, quilting and stitching will be had!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

All of it looks yum, especially the cake and Ann Rayner. It was your picture about a year ago that led me to buy the chart - of course, that is how far I got.... but a girl can dream.

I am really inspired by your quilts and one of my favorite posts are your Thrifty Thursday posts.

theodora said...

Wow your knitting looks great I wish I would knit more, I love banana bread I will have to look at the recipe ,and your sampler looks so pretty so many colors makes me whant to start one, all of what you make looks perfect.

Margaret said...

Oh so yummy! Can't wait to see your finished quilt! And the knitting -- and Ann!!!! Gorgeous! Sigh. Too many projects, too little time. As you say....

Sherry said...

We have a chill in the air here too and I LOVE it!! This is my fav time of the year. I made apple crisp yesterday - and am putting a pic on my blog after I finish catching up on the reading. Love your knitting progress and your sampler looks great - I agree, need more time to do all that I love.

Catherine said...

Yay for the chill in the air!! I love this time of year - just warm enough to not have to bundle up during the day - but cool enough to sleep well with the windows open at night! Bonus - no need for air conditioning!!!

Your post made me feel so warm and cozy! I love the color of whatever it is that you are knitting now - it looks so soft and cozy.
Pair that with the warm piece of banana cake - yummy!!

And Ann looks lovely - I really like the color combinations.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie said...

Knitting, stitching and home baked goods. Love them all!

Send some cool air my way. My a/c is still running 24/7!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Oh, I do love that chill... We're still having 90s, but the morning and evening breeze is delirious! Cakek looks yummy, knitting looks warm, and stitching sent me searching!!

Laura said...

Your Ann Rayner is so amazing and gorgeous!!!!!!!

Cari said...

I simply love every single thing you do!! Love the wrap, the banana cake and your stitching. I know your quilt will be wonderful too!! Have a great week Kim. Hugs

mrae said...

It looks like you had a great day!

Katrina said...

Love Ann Rayner!!!