Monday, September 20, 2010

And She Stitched...

I kind of put myself on a 'no new quilts' moratorium this weekend, and picked up my sampler stitching. It feels good to be back to stitching!

I worked on Ann Rayner quite a bit. This is the latest area of completion...


I'm excited because I can almost see the almost-end in sight. Almost.


Okay not really...but I do feel like progress is being made! I'm stitching this on 36 ct Lakeside Vintage Exampler I think....with my own conversion using Hand-Dyed Fibers.

And then....insanity struck. Thanks to a Facebook friend. A Facebook friend who mentioned that he was going to start stitching a particular design! I commented that I had this particular design in my stash. This was followed by a suggestion that we stitch said particular design together...and BAM! Before you know it, I've committed to "Mondays With Mark". None other than Mark Lipinski. Yes indeed, I have committed to continued stitching at least on Mondays! I started our project tonight.


I'm sure you can tell what that is! Call me crazy...but yes...it's true. I've started another B.A.P. I couldn't help it! And They Sinned is now started and beside my chair. That's my progress from this evening. I had started this a very long time ago....on 35ct linen with those darn Hand-Dyed Fibers again. I wasn't happy with it. It seemed to pastel...to light...to lacy....I folded. I decided not to continue.

But then when Mark suggested we stitch it together....I was game and I knew I was going to stitch it with the called for GASTs, because I absolutely LOVE the others I've seen that were stitched with the called for threads. I had a chunk of some hard crunchy newcastle 35ct that I showered and bathed and tried to soften up. That's what I'm using, with the GASTs. I likey! I think I'll be visiting this one more often than just Mondays! Mark is planning to strive for an hour a day. I'm sure I'll be choking on his fiber-dust! But hopefully we'll keep each other moving on this one!

Yes....the long weekend was good...And She Stitched....and she was glad!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Mark Lipinski said...

I'm so EXCITED you're doing this with me! 'Think we can talk anymore suckers into joining us!?!? LOLOLOL This piece is so amazing and epic that I am just jazzed to do it -- and even more jazzed that I'm doing it with Y-O-U!!! xoxoxm

KathieB said...

Oh my. I went through a heavy cross-stitch sampler period a few years back and still have one that was about 3/4 done when I set it aside. I really ought to finish that one. Need to think about that a bit...

Sylvia said...

Miss Cozy Egg ( aka Michelle) and I are doing a very loose SAL on this - but we agreed to stitch on Sundays. We have taken a break, but just discussed getting back to this and are picking it up again next Sunday... maybe we can do a sort of Sun/ Mon/ every day thing....:)

Margaret said...

Love your Ann and love your ATS too! I've always wanted to stitch that one! Of course. :D I even have it kitted up. Of course. Fun fun!

Catherine said...

Ann is looking great!! How fun to be challenged into completing something because you are stitching it with someone else! Weren't you doing one with Paulette too?

Katrina said...

Fun stitching project, love Ann!!!

Sherry said...

Love your progress, both on Ann Rayner and on your new start! Looks like you had a good stitch! I like having quilting and stitching to alternate between - never boring!

Siobhan said...

I can't wait to see more progress pics of your ATS! I love that sampler, even if I thought I was going to die stitching the cloud. I love your Ann, too! I am supposed to be SALing with Thread Gatherer Deb on that, and I don't think either of us have started. GULP. Yours looks great!

Karoline said...

Great start on ATS and Ann is looking gorgeous