Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

A nice little mix of 'stuff' this week.


The great wood carrying tote came from the Friday Estate Sale. It was my 'high ticket' item at $8. And it's filled with lots of goodies!

Also from the Friday Estate Sale...


sock darners and a little wood doo-hickey-thing-a-ma-jig. I thought the darners were a steal at $1.50 each. And the wood doo-hickey-thing-a-ma-jig came with the $8 box.

I also picked up this lovely sugar spoon.


and last but not least from the Friday Estate Sale....the thimble inside this cup. It's sterling...and was $2!


The cup itself is a hallmarked pewter piece from G'Willy's...for a buck!

Also for a buck...


another lovely shaker...this one aqua glass with an old metal top. And another piece of hallmarked pewter...this one a covered sugar bowl...for another buck!

Yet one more piece of hallmarked pewter...this one a single handle dish...


Yep...for another buck!

And then, my favorite sign of autumn...


an acorn! This one...metal...fake patina...ready to be hung outside and filled with bird food!

All in all a fun little haul this week!

I think it's been a while since I've had a Thrifty Thursday giveaway! This weekend when I'm out and about, I'll keep that in mind and hopefully find something wonderful to offer up as a giveaway next week!

Stay tuned!!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

I just love all your finds!!! Especially the wooden carrier! Love how everything fits in the carrier so well -- great pics! Why is it that I never find things like wooden sock darners and such? Ah well, one of these days! Great stuff!

Cari said...

Cool finds this week Kim. My personal favorite this time...the thimble !! I have a wonderful collection, most from my Mom and each one is a treasure !! You go girl!! Hugs

Cari-in-VA said...

Love the wood box - those are wonderful pieces to have for organizing and storing. Your sock darner and other wood things are great too.

What a great week of finds.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Great finds, Kim! I love the SS thimble. I found one recently that I was thinking of having a bale added onto the top to turn it into a charm for my SS charm bracelt. I've since decided it's too big and am on the lookout!

Have a great rest of the week and a great weekend!

Deb said...

Love all your finds as usual Kim. I think my favorite is the thimble (sewing related, you know), but I like everything else just as well. There is nothing better than coming across some great finds.

Oh, and I'm jonesing over your cheddar quilt! Love, love it!!

ShabbySheep said...

Great finds! It's too hot here to go to Estate sales and garage sales. Temps in the morning are in the 90's!!! Maybe I'll have thrifty stuff to share in the fall!!!
Sheri

Jan said...

Good Golly, Kimmie...you found some wonderful things this week!! Love the pewter pieces and also those sox darners! And that thimble...:o)

Sherry said...

Love your finds - nice! I have a sock darner from my grandma...it's cool! I can't beleive they were only $1.50.

Catherine said...

Wonderful finds again!!!! Can you come and give me lessons!!!