Thursday, August 05, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

This week is just flying by! So much so that I didn't get much thrifting done since last week! EGADS! What is WRONG with me! So yesterday...after a gruesome day at the office...I was on my way home for my birthday celebration and decided to stop off for a quick walk-thru of GWilly's.

I walked thru aisle after aisle....really just feeling sorry for myself because I was so tired and stressed from the office, and nothing was jumping out at me.

Just when I resigned myself to the reality that I probably wouldn't find any treasure this week, and I was fine with that. I spotted it. Just that quick.

Another week....another.....


Longaberger basket! This one much smaller. A little Sweetheart basket. Complete combo...excellent!

And the price....let's just say I fished for coinage to pay...


Yep...Seventy-Five Cents! Eighty Cents with tax! Happy birthday to me!

I'm not a fan of the ruffly liner OR the heart tie-on thingy...I do like the little basket all by itself...with the protector. And for $.80!!

Hopefully I'll get a few more thrifty jaunts in this week and weekend! I got notice of an estate sale that starts Friday morning. Crapola...that whole working gig is cramping my style again! Maybe I'll stop by over my lunch hour and see if there's anything to find!

I hope you're having a wonderful week! It's almost Friday!! YAY!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! Great find! I love baskets. I've never had a longaberger one. One of these days I'll find myself one. :D

Jan said...

Kim...you did good, girl!! Did you say something about a birthday? If so, Happy Birthday!!

Oh and I adore that lil basket, incredible to think about the prices that are put on them!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Great find and wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I won't ask how many candles were placed on top of the birthday cake. :-) lol

Loraine said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you dear Kim! What a fantastic find for you present! I love these little baskets. You would be hard pressed to find one in my neck of the woods. So lucky you are!
Hope you had a great day, so sorry about the stress at work. Blah!

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday Kim! And what a find on your birthday...love my LOngaberger but unfortunately didn't find that kind of a bargin. I agree - YAH TGIF!!

Andrea said...

Great find Kim! The was the "Thrifting Gods" birthday present to you ;-)
gotta love Longaberger!
(I'm not a fan of the ruffles either, lol)

xoxo

Amy said...

Congrats on a wonderful find. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.....

woolwoman said...

What a great find Kim - I love Longabergers - the retail prices have come way down on them but they are still an expense and I have a bunch of them - it would be great to find one for such a bargain. Hope you had a very happy birthday and are looking forward to a relaxing weekend! TGIF Mel

Elaine said...

Lovely find! Happy Birthday.

mrae said...

A great find!