Sunday, August 01, 2010

This Late Night Sewing Progress Report is brought to you by....

...the four hour power nap! Yes...it's true. I set off today..er...uh..yesterday, Saturday, and did a little school clothes shopping with the Jakester. Returned home and about 2:56 I decided I was going to lay down for 'just a bit' and woke up at 7:12!! YIKES! I suppose I must have needed the sleep, but still...I had wasted 4 hours of sewing time!

But alas...that four hour power nap just facilitated a late night of glorious sewing! I queued up the entire Train catalog in the iPod and got busy! and you know how things go...one thing leads to another and before you know it, it's 3:00AM!

When we last spoke, I was sewing strip sets. I got those done...pressed...and subcut and got busy sewing four patch units.


LOTS of four patch units. And at that point I thought to my self that I would start fresh in the morning and cut those apart, press them and continue.

But one thing led to another...


and before I knew it...


I had lots and lots and LOTS of pressed four patches!

At that point, I told myself that I would start in the morning drawing lines on the squares for the half-square triangle units.

But the music was so good....and before I knew it...


all the lines had been drawn!

I did start to pair them up with their partners and sew down one side of the line....


but the butt gave out. *sigh* I do not have a comfy sewing chair at the moment...and I've got the sore arse to prove it! So...in the interest of being able to comfortably sit and sew tomorrow, I've called it a night..or maybe I've called it a morning?

I did get one block put together...as the carrot to dangle in front of me.


I'm going to love this quilt! Only 119 more blocks to go.......

*Peace!

15 comments:

Myra said...

Those sewing marathons are so rewarding, but tiring too. You are making fabulous progress.

Catherine said...

Love it and all it's cheddarness!

I'll be curious to know what time you get up!

Sherry said...

and then you posted about it too! Wow, what progress. This is looking cool and can't wait to see the progess.

Margaret said...

Fantastic! It's going to be one gorgeous quilt! I remember doing sewing marathons. They can be fun! Never did it till 3am though. lol!

Dianne said...

Oh my goodness! Love it! I love the cheddar...surprisingly. Not a color that I'd normally be drawn to, but there's something about it, and in the combo of the very "basic" quilt blocks. When it's done...WOW!

Nancy said...

love that block and i have about 3 yards of that cheddar...and about 7 yards of white... hm...maybe i have found my next quilt?

Do you have a name for that block so I can search for it?

Deb said...

Amazing what a nap will do, but I can't believe how much you've got done! You'll be finished in no time - ahhh, cheddar goodness!

Laurie in Iowa said...

YGG... love your cheesy blocks. I'm all set for some serious sewing time today too.

Andra Gayle said...

I LOVE IT!!!
119? No Problem!

Elaine said...

Wow you sure had a busy night. Can;t wait to see it all come together.

Cari said...

OMG Kim....beautiful!! You go GIRL... I love 4 hour power naps!! Look what you've accomplished!! I love it!! Hugs

Monica said...

amazing productive night, but what i want to know is how you managed to sleep undisturbed during the day!!

carol fun said...

WOW - you are moving on this project! I do love all the cheesy goodness of this happy fabric!

Amy said...

Oh my niece & bil would LOVE this - they're big Clemson fans! ;-) Can't wait to see it finished!!

Karen said...

Quite lovely! Inspires me to start on mine....