Saturday, August 28, 2010

Crisp, Clean & Done!


I forced a second wind last night and finished up my version of the lattice quilt.


I'm loving that faded jade gray/green with the white.


Crisp, clean and done! This one is going in the handquilt pile. I'll have to sift thru my stencils and see if I have something that will work. It's a small twin...64x72 or there abouts. I think I can manage that one. It's the basting that sucks, but once that's done, I do enjoy the handquilting! I think I'll check around and see what a longarm quilter would charge to baste some quilts for me. Anyone have any idea on pricing for that service? I've got a stack...and I'm prepared to send them. ;o)

Next up....enough with the 2 color quilts. I'm going to go THREE color! Wooohoo! ;o)


There was yet another quilt I have been drooling over in that issue of Antique Quilts. I'm ready.

But today...I will be tidying up around the house before I can cut. The cutting of the quilt is my reward for doing some cleaning today. I better get busy with the dusting!!

Have a great Saturday!

*Peace!

15 comments:

Dianne said...

OOOOH we should do a three color quilt along on this one! I'm changing the colors a bit though :) and you'll beat me, cause you're speedy gonzales piecer...but it would be fun...

KathieB said...

The finished top is lovely--it will be restrained and quiet and restful on a bed. That's a very good thing!

Myra said...

Two color quilts are SO striking, even with subdued shades such as this one. You did an excellent job. I love the colors you have selected for the three color quilt. Looking like autumn to me. :o)

schnoobie said...

basting on a longarm is a fairly cheap charge..... dont ask me exactly how much cause I've never actually done that....sounds like it would be worth it though if you dread the basting job! Looks great party on!

Kathie said...

this looks great, what a subtle color combo
ok just LOVE the new quilt your going to make
can I see a whole picture and what colors are you using from the Kona collection? I agree with Dianne we may need to do a quilt along!
Kathie

Kathie said...

of course I had to go look in your etsy store to see the fabrics YEAH its moda bella solids
lets talk :)
Kathie

Catherine said...

There is something so soothing about the colors in that quilt!

Love the colors for your next project as well!

Deb said...

Oh, love that new quilt and the subtle color! Drool city here. Really like the three color quilt too. Can you come over to my house and find some time for me? All your quilting is making me so jealous!!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous and your new start looks wonderful too :-). I love how the detail is in the pattern and the colors are solid and simple.

Margaret said...

Wow, I love how this came out! And that next quilt you're planning -- gorgeous!! I've been wanting to do a single Irish chain for a while now.....

Siobhan said...

Beautiful! I love the next quilt that you're planning, too. I hear you on the hating to baste part. I had visions of happily hand quilting a lot of my quilts but it's the basting that's a killer.

Cari said...

Your quilt is beautiful Kim, just beautiful. I would look just perfect in my bedroom!! Can't wait to see the 3 color one take shape. Have a great week!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love a two-color quilt; this is beautiful. Nice work!

Elaine said...

Your quilt finish is beautiful and I love the colours for the next one.

Sherry said...

I love the jade and white...it's absolutely such a beautiful quilt and the colors are so peaceful and calming... can't wait to see how the three color turns out.