Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today....I Stitched


Spent some more time working on the Ann Rayner sampler today.


Almost done with that upper right quadrant...sans that dreaded over-one section. *sigh* I'm tossing around using the over-one area for my own personalization in lieu of the over-one. But haven't decided yet.


Regardless, I'm pleased that I have spent this much time with her and am seeing progress again! I plan to continue until the upper section is done (ahem....sans the aforementioned over-one section). I may stay up late this evening and finish that section. Or not.

Tomorrow I may knit...


the Green w/Envy socks haven't had much attention lately. Need to get busy on those!

Or I might give some attention to the binding handwork that's piling up...


It's definitely a handwork weekend though! I need to take my Bernina in for a check-up. During my last machine quilting bonanza...I broke a needle..and...well...things are just 'off' a little. Bernie is in need of some TLC. So no Amish Bricks sewing for me this weekend. Booohooohooo.

So today...I stitched. And tomorrow...more handwork. I may as well get used to it...it could be a couple weeks until the machine is ready to go again! As my friend, Karen, said, it's a good thing I have other hobbies to occupy my time that don't require a sewing machine!

*Peace!

13 comments:

Deb said...

Ann is beautiful and well worth the time you're spending with her. MM - binding - I have some too - isn't that monotonous. Love the socks too. Hope you enjoy the weekend - it's nice to take it slow with handwork sometimes isn't it?

Kathie said...

having the machine serviced is a blessing in disguise you can finish the bindings work on your stitchery and well of course there is always knitting!
yes thank goodness we can always keep those hands busy!
Kathie

Cari said...

Your stitching is beautiful Kim...you go girl. Sorry about Bernie...hope she's home soon!!

Myra said...

Ann is so pretty Kim. The colors are so soothing. I hate to take my Bernina in to the shop too - it seems like it takes forever. It seems every time I break a needle it jumps timing so off we go.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Poor Bernie... hope she gets fixed ASAP and you can get back to those Amish Bricks.
Love your Ann Rayner... beautiful. I think you've come up with a wonderful solution to avoid the over one stitching.

Margaret said...

Love your Anne progress! She is so pretty!! I like your idea of how to overcome the over one section. :D Nice pile of quilts too! Yummy! So does your machine quilter (when you use her) sew the binding on for you so you just have to finish it off? I've heard they will do that, yes? Have fun with the socks/Ann/binding! Hope Bernie gets fixed quickly! Poor Bernie... and you.....

Deb said...

Such great progress on Ann - you make me feel bad because I haven't started mine yet. Don't blame you for putting off that over one stuff. And I knew thee was a reason to get our hand in so many crafts. Can't do one then go to another - gives justification to doing a whole bunch of things, doesn't it?

Faye said...

Your progress on Ann is stunning!!! LOVE it! Faye

Deb said...

Okay, obviously it's early and I can't type straight! :)
I meant to say that I knew there was a reason to get our hands in all these crafts because then you can go from one to another. :o)

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

Ann Rayner is coming along beautifully! I'm not sure how big an area the one over is, but even though it's difficult and, yes, a pain in the patooey, you will be so proud of yourself if you do it! How's your grandbaby? Four weeks and counting for mine!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Love the colors in Ann, and your stitching is lovely! Looks like that broken needle may force your hand :-). I know you don't want to knit when you need them, but it's almost too hot to think of socks!

Catherine said...

The coloring in Ann is beautiful! All of your projects are just lovely - you certainly know how to keep busy!

Paulette said...

Oh my goodness, all the beautiful handwork! You always amaze me, Kim. :)