Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!


A few wares to share this week, and for less than a movie ticket! Golly I love some cheap entertainment!

A couple more white creamers....


The one on the right has age...the one on the left does not. And I cannot make out the mark on the bottom of the 'newer' one.


Anyone know anything about it? Both are lovely, heavy, creamy white creamers! I started out with a white sugar bowl fetish and now the creamers have moved in as well. I'll store these away with the others while I plot and plan shelving etc to display them. I can see a lovely backdrop of color behind shelves. There is a plan!

And speaking of sugar bowls....


a lovely vitrified china example. I really liked the off-white and the RED accents on this!

Solid walnut pedestal for .79...


I could not leave it there. I have 3 other wood pedestals. Initial intent was to paint them black...at least that was the plan with the first two I found. Now I'm not so sure if I'll paint them or not. I rather like walnut!

And then the cherub....she is my project purchase.


She will not remain iridescent and sparkly. I'm going to definitely paint and age her. Just need to decide on color.


She's heavy and ready to hang. Just need to figure out the paint concept and get busy with her this weekend! Burnished copper? Crackled black with an undercolor? Hmmm...decisions decisions! What do you think?

What color should the cherub become? Would love to hear your ideas!

As always, thanks for stopping by to see what I brought home this week!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Hmmmm. Burnished copper sounds interesting to me! :D And don't paint the pedestal. I love walnut! Actually any wood at all.

Cari said...

Great finds Kim...love the creamers!!

Paulette said...

Wow! That cherub could go anywhere, really.. I think it would look awesome painted to look like marble and then placed in the garden!

Paulette

Patty C. said...

I think I'd keep the Walnut - looks grand :)

Wonderful finds - as always :)

Paula said...

Hi Kim - I'd paint her a rich burgundy colour and then once dry, rub a bit of wax from a candle (preferrably beeswax) on edges, etc. where you want the burgundy colour to pop out and then I'd paint her black - matte black and once dry rub the spots where the beeswax was and the black paint, if it adhered at all, will rub off - an old French finish I love to do to make an oldy worldy look! Paula

Laurie in Iowa said...

I've just read Paula's suggestion of a finish for your cherub. Sounds like a fantastic finishing technique.

Valerie said...

I love all of you wonderful finds! Nothing like finding beautiful things at great bargains!

Deb said...

You always find the best things. I like the suggestion Paula had about the Angel.