Thursday, July 08, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Hello and welcome to this week's edition of Thrifty Thursday!! I only got out and about once this past week. On Monday the hubs and I headed out for some hunting of the treasure kind!

I picked up just a few things...as if there was any doubt I'd leave empty-handed!!


I thought these were great! But then I am a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright! These are postcards...that replicate his work that adorned magazine covers!


They're all matted nicely....


but in really cheap frames. So I will pick up three new frames for these and find a neat little nook to hang them!

We were shopping on Monday...July 5th...


Close but not the Fourth of July!

I also spied this hanging up on a wall at the thrift shop...


It was $2.99 and is currently hanging on the side of the garage. I'll be getting some moss and some lovely flowers to plant in it! And what luck...the greenhouses around here have everything on sale, so the flowers will be a thrifty purchase too!

I watched one of my fav' shows last night...American Pickers! Really puts me in the mood to get out there and hunt some more! You just never know what I'll come home with next! This sends shivers of fear down the hubs spine I'm sure! Oh well...keeps things interesting!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

*Peace!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

I love Frank Lloyd Wright!! Have you read either of the novels that have come out about him recently? Loving Frank by ? and The Women by TC Boyle (one of my favorite authors). They're both good! Love that wire basket too -- so pretty! Great finds for one shopping trip!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

WHat fun finds! The FLW pics will look great in a nicer frame and your wire basket is great!

diamondc said...

Great thrift finds I to am an avid thrift shopper, I love a good bargain.
Your quilts are lovely.
Catherine

Cari said...

I love Frank Lloyd Wright ! Your prints are simply wonderful. And the wire basket....I love it too! You did very well this week Kim. I just started watching Pickers...I can see it will be one of my fav's. Have a great week!! Hgus

Catherine said...

Great finds once again!!

Can't wait to see the basket all done up with flowers!

Catherine said...

Forgot to say that we love American Pickers too! Even my three little guys watch!

Myra said...

Great finds Kim! I love watching American Pickers too. Those guys were in NC a few episodes back. I also enjoy watching Antiques Roadshow.

Loraine said...

Cool stuff, as always! I just heard about American Pickers while getting my hair done yesterday. Isn't that weird how you'll never hear of something, and then it seems to come up everywhere? I'll have to watch it!

Jeanne said...

Some more lovely finds Kim. My husband and I visited the shop of American Pickers last month - it is in my hometown area so when were there visiting family we had to search it out. :) We got to meet Mike & Danielle there and see some of the pieces we had seen 'picked' on the shows. DH bought a t-shirt of course.

Tolentreasures said...

Love those prints! Great find! American Pickers is one of our new favorite shows here also, we can't get enough. Have you watched Cash in the Attic on Hgtv? It is interesting what people have that they don't even know what it is worth.

Cathy