Thursday, July 01, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

It's that time of the week again.....let's see what I found this past week...

a nice little haul.


All of these finds...but light on the wallet! I love that! That's a wonderfully textured lampshade to the right. It was two bucks and so I snagged it! I've got a few lamps on the 're-do' list, and the shade will come in handy! I loved the natural look of it! Also up there, a little oil can for .99 cents. Hubs looked at me strangely. Hey, I say, never know when the Tin Man is going to need my help! And a great copper porridger that was .49 cents!

These two great pottery pieces were picked up during a lunchtime jaunt...


Across the street from a fav' Mexican restaurant is a thrift store that's not open on the weekends. Popped in there last week after dining with my pal, Amy, and lo and behold...50% off sale! So the honey pot and the covered dish both say $1.50..but they were .75 cents. SCORE!

This great pitcher (marked Japan Asake) was a buck after the 50% off discount!
Loved the blue and white and the fruit...


The linen napkins...also from the same sale.


Six of them, with that great handmade trim...a buck after discount! for SIX...wonderful find!

They are currently resting in a J&G Meakin dish...


Love the blue..and the art deco feel...and the two dollar price tag. I am a sucker for old dishes. But seem to adopt these lid-less vegetable dishes for some reason. They're great catch-all pieces!

So there you have it! My cheap entertainment for the week! Would love to hear if you've found any cool stuff lately!

I should have a quilt top to show you tomorrow...if I get it done later today. This morning I'm heading out to my friend, Twyla's, quilt shop for a day of yacking, eating and handwork. I should be home in time to get the blocks sewn together on the next Amish quilt this evening. Check back tomorrow!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Cari said...

WOW - the oil can for 99 cents... Do you have any idea what we have paid to snag these on eBay?? LOL I'm thinking my personal favorite this time are the linen napkins. They would be so fun to use at an afternoon tea with stitching friends!! Have a wonderful week and 4th of July celebration! Hugs

Margaret said...

Nice finds as usual! I always love to see what you've found!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great finds - had a few this week, too.
Love my BBD fat fabbies from your etsy - thanks!!

Catherine said...

You rock!

theodora said...

nice loot,you are a thrift godess, I like the blue and white look to everything is super nice at a super nice price.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Great finds, Kim! I am especially enamored of the linen napkins - I swear - I just can't get enough of old linens!

I had a few fun finds recently as well that I posted on my blog - I love a good treasure hunt!

Deb said...

Great finds as usual. You scored a deal on that oil can. I think the least I've paid for one is $6.00, but they can go for a lot more. Anyway, great scores as usual!!

mac said...

I agree. The blue is very pretty :-)

Tolentreasures said...

Great finds as always! I did manage to thrift a little on the last trip finally! Have a great weekend!
Cathy