Friday, July 02, 2010

Things Are Getting DONE!!

It's such a great feeling to get things DONE that have been languishing (or not!).

Yesterday I spent the day out at my friend, Twyla's shop, Quilted Memories , where we yacked, enjoyed lunch, yacked some more...and fit some quilting activity in between there. Oh I had big plans....I was going to get another quilt bound....AND work on my Blackbird Designs applique baskets. Oh HA! I got 2 sides of the quilt bound! Geez...so much for wanting to really get tons of handwork done! It's hard to stay focused in and among wonderful wools and fabrics!

BUT...I stayed up late last night....until after 1:00AM....and got the quilt bound! I can't show it to you though...it's a surprise gift for someone that pops in on this blog. But I can show you the back...


Ooooh...aaaaah! ha! It's a departure for me, but I think will be enjoyed by the recipient and that's what it was made for!

Today...I finally got the Amish utility quilt I've been working on put together.


I decided to float a coral inner border in there.


*YAAAAAAAAAWN* Kind of boring at the moment, but as with most Amish quilts...the quilting will bring it alive!


If there's interest, I will kit up a couple of these. I think it ended up about 56 x 72. A nice large lap!

I've got just a few more things waiting to be tended to downstairs in the quilt den. One being a quilt that needs scallops cut out of the border and the binding sewn on. That will be next on the agenda most likely!

Good thing I have a whole weekend ahead of me, and then some!!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

You have been busy! Love the color of the blue quilt and the quilting design on it is really pretty. I am sure whomever this is meant for will be beyond thrilled!

The other one will look great when the quilting is done. It is amazing how that can make such a difference.

Sounds like you had a great day with Twyla - always a good way to spend a day!

Dianne said...

great quilt! i'm sure that your recipient will love it!

Margaret said...

I like the back of the quilt at least! lol! Looks nice! And the Amish quilt is pretty too -- love the blue in the middle! Yummy!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your Amish quilt looks very ~ Amish!! I have quite a few small ones that I've purchased thru the years down in "Amish country" ~ there's just something about them that draws you in! That's very interesting quilting on the navy blue piece ~ done on a long arm? I didn't know they did such intricate patterns. Sounds like you've already accomplished a bunch this week!!

Cari said...

Yeowzeers Kim.....you are amazing. Love both of your quilts!! Hugs

Laurie in Iowa said...

The coral border adds just the right 'punch' to the Amish quilt. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.
YGG for getting the hand sewing of the binding accomplished... it takes me a L.O.N.G. time to sew those bindings.

Deb said...

You are getting so much done! What a great feeling! I know that you never get as much done when you're among friends chatting, etc., but you did make progress on your quilt and now the binding is finished!

Love your Amish quilt - that coral border really makes the whole thing pop - I don't think that it's boring at all. Just so Amish looking.

Hope that you get a lot more done - I'm going to be interested in how the scalloped border comes out!

Happy 4th Kim!

mrae said...

Beautiful quilts!
U have been a busy girl!

K-G Knitter said...

I think the color combination on the Amish quilt is divine! And I'm excited to see the front of your other quilt, as the quilting looks really great!

Paulette said...

I can't wait to see that Amish quilt all quilted up! As usual, I have no idea how you get it all done. Fabulous!

Paulette