Monday, July 05, 2010

The Party's Over

Yes folks....it's true. Sadly, the party that WAS my ten day vacation is over.

I, for one, am sad to see the party end.

The dogs, on the other hand, are happy that the party that WAS the 4th of July is over....


or at least almost so! Fireworks going off all hours of the day and night all weekend were sure to send both dogs scurrying for safety...even if that safety zone was the hubs in his inversion lawn chair! YIKES! Thank goodness Sam took the foot of the chair...balanced everything out!

My day of mourning today consisted of stitching. Finally...some time with the needle.


and my Fraktur sampler is almost done! Maybe by week's end. If I can muster the energy after days at the office.

*SIGH* Hopefully I'll find some zip and vigor to get back in to the daily grind that is the office....

and hopefully the fireworks will subside soon so that poor Emmitt can find his tail!


I miss his little wiggle stub!! The party's over....enough with the fireworks already!!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Beth said...

I feel your pain! I was on vacation the last two weeks too and I got back to work tomorrow, it's going to be weird putting on makeup and work clothes!

Loraine said...

Great sampler! I love the colors.
I'm sorry you have to return to work. :( It's much more fun to play in the sewing room!

Cari said...

Wow Kim....and party you did! Love seeing all of your projects! Have a good week! Hugs

Margaret said...

Ah, poor Kim. Back to work, huh? Love your Fractur piece -- it's looking good! Fireworks -- yeah they tend to be pretty loud around here too. We live close to a lake and people set off illegal fireworks constantly. I think it's done now. :D Hope your work week treats you nicely.

Deb said...

Aw Kim, I'm sorry that the party's over. Try to have a good week - I always hated the first day back from vacation - so exhausting!

Siobhan said...

Love the sampler, Kim! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. :)